Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1047

Thread: The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Ukyo's Doctor
    rcantor77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire

    Posts
    1,240

    The Neo Geo mini is coming...

    So this just got tweeted earlier today by SNK Japan...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SNKPoffic...86502679015424

    And translated it says...
    This year, SNK brand celebrates 40th anniversary. A new game machine that contains popular titles of NEOGEO will emerge, expressing gratitude to all fans who support SNK's works such as "KOF" "Legend of Fatal Family" "Samsupi" "Metasura" ! Please stay tuned. The Future is Now!


    Looks like they are planning a Neo Geo mini...


    __________________

    Help me find some mini Marquees...
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?254802

  2. #2
    Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
    fenikso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wandering through quiet lands

    Posts
    3,396
    Wonder if it will be another bartop...

  3. #3
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,527
    Depending on how the emulation is, I might bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  4. #4
    Crossed Swords Squire
    Damulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Miami, Oklahoma

    Posts
    195
    Hope this is the future of a new console in the making if it sells well.a

  5. #5
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Damulta View Post
    Hope this is the future of a new console in the making if it sells well.a
    Seriously doubt SNK has the cashflow to R&D a new console, plus why would they do that? You can just release games on consoles/pc and make money that way. What could they possibly offer that the current gen cannot?
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  6. #6
    Crossed Swords Squire
    Damulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Miami, Oklahoma

    Posts
    195
    A new sprite based system. Take Nintendo's way and do something different than anyone else.

  7. #7
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    gamesboro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Phenix City, AL

    Posts
    72
    Forget a mini, I want a modernized AES with hdmi and a cartridge port. Throw in some built in games and Iím all set.

    While Iím dreaming of things that are never gonna happen rerelease some carts as well.

  8. #8
    Science will find a way!
    jeffkun34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The hole

    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by tomwhite2004, post: 6945833, member: 5956
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/neogeo-mini-incoming-for-snks-40th-anniversary.9669/




    "GE presented Mr. Bader Al-Asaker with a special gold version of the NEOGEO mini, which is a product designed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the SNK brand."

    Going by this pic it is just a small gimmicky toy arcade, not a full bartop.

  9. #9
    Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    FilthyRear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

    Posts
    7,283
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkun34 View Post
    Games for oil/protection from DPRK.

    Is he related to Waseem?
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

  10. #10
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,527
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkun34 View Post
    Going by this pic it is just a small gimmicky toy arcade, not a full bartop.
    Oh man, if that's the size, it's worse than I imagined.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  11. #11
    Moterator. theMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

    Posts
    5,541
    Quote Originally Posted by rcantor77 View Post
    So this just got tweeted earlier today by SNK Japan...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SNKPoffic...86502679015424

    And translated it says...
    This year, SNK brand celebrates 40th anniversary. A new game machine that contains popular titles of NEOGEO will emerge, expressing gratitude to all fans who support SNK's works such as "KOF" "Legend of Fatal Family" "Samsupi" "Metasura" ! Please stay tuned. The Future is Now!


    Looks like they are planning a Neo Geo mini...
    Why that arcade machine wearing a burka?
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

  12. #12
    Hardened Shock Trooper
    Gyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX

    Posts
    442
    Shame, it does look like they're just going for a new gimmick with this one.

    The Neo Geo X had the portable-dock dynamic, but I think most folks just played it on their TV. This one might try the mini arcade form factor for the sake of novelty, but watch it get all its playtime via HDMI out.

    All they had to do was copy Nintendo's approach and put some solid effort in polishing the execution. They could even have been first to let people go online to buy new games, leveraging their success with the ACA releases.

    Well, if you lower your expectations, you will not be disappointed.

  13. #13
    Neo*Geomancer
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrian View Post
    Shame, it does look like they're just going for a new gimmick with this one.

    The Neo Geo X had the portable-dock dynamic, but I think most folks just played it on their TV. This one might try the mini arcade form factor for the sake of novelty, but watch it get all its playtime via HDMI out.

    All they had to do was copy Nintendo's approach and put some solid effort in polishing the execution. They could even have been first to let people go online to buy new games, leveraging their success with the ACA releases.

    Well, if you lower your expectations, you will not be disappointed.
    I don't think this thing will have HDMI out.

  14. #14
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    10,448
    You will be butthurt when I take the little Neo mini, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass.
    Whatcha gonna do?

  15. #15
    Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
    fenikso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wandering through quiet lands

    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You will be butthurt when I take the little Neo mini, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass.
    It will make him and his friends scream for joy.

  16. #16
    New Challenger
    Beckett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona

    Posts
    24
    I wonder if they will make region variants of it like the SNES mini. Would be cool to have a big red and a candy cab variant..

  17. #17
    Timid Neo Newbie
    aaluis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Mexico

    Posts
    9
    I hope that come true, will be a good addition to my collection.
    Best Regards!

  18. #18
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    6,199
    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2018/053101/

    SNK is offering a chance to win a unit by sharing your SNK memories on twitter.

  19. #19
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2018/053101/

    SNK is offering a chance to win a unit by sharing your SNK memories on twitter.
    Thanks for sharing this k’_127

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  20. #20
    Neo Bubble Buster
    kaironman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Donostia

    Posts
    43
    Yesterday a spanish online shop opened reserves for 89€. Today is not possible, and says the price is not confirmed.

    https://www.xtralife.es/retro/snk-40...paign=30052018

    Front Loader Neo Geo CD #20538
    MV-1FS #440115

  21. #21
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Nassovia

    Posts
    71
    It's not going to be much higher than that.

  22. #22
    Ninja Combat Warrior
    titchgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    698
    Some decent looking titles on there, No KOF 96 though!?

    Would like the coloured buttons also but have to see what its like and price

    Been expecting something like this though.

  23. #23
    J. M Club

    NGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Northern Bay Area

    Posts
    4,624
    Top players instead of NTM and no Top Hunter.

    Hope there's a way to load up the whole library on there
    .

  24. #24
    Gai's Trainer
    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    socal

    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by NGT View Post
    Top players instead of NTM and no Top Hunter.

    Hope there's a way to load up the whole library on there
    And no windjammers.

    But for some reason all metal slugs. 4 and 5 are crap.


    And X > 2.

  25. #25
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Jontox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    And no windjammers.

    ...
    This is really sad, as windjammers is definitely a 2 Players must-have.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •