Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1135

Thread: The Neo Geo mini is coming...

  1. #1051
    King's Dry Cleaner
    KRONOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Posts
    393
    I used to own multiple iterations of SNK hardware (AES, CD, NGX) and I dig the NG Mini. Sure, it's not without it's flaws; disappointing HDMI out, arcade style over AES design (I prefer the NGX design). However, I like the new button layout (better for fighters) and the non-clicky thumb stick works better than I initially thought. Happy with the NG Mini overall. You just have to enjoy it for what it is.
    Last edited by KRONOS; 08-26-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    Six years working in Japan, eleven Neo-Geo arcade location tests attended. Broken Japanese spoken.

  2. #1052
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Almightyburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA

    Posts
    123
    I've only just began to consider getting one, just so I can play some Neo Geo on a modern TV and not be stuck in the juvenile masturbatorium that is my entertainment basement area. My girlfriend might appreciate it.

  3. #1053
    Rugal's Thug

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Almightyburner View Post
    I've only just began to consider getting one, just so I can play some Neo Geo on a modern TV and not be stuck in the juvenile masturbatorium that is my entertainment basement area. My girlfriend might appreciate it.
    Don't, she won't unless she just wants an ornament for the front room. If she knows about games she'll rightly think you're an idiot if you bought this to play on. If she's not really into games she'll just wonder why you got this wierd small machine that isn't the mario or sonic box.

    Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    I used to own multiple iterations of SNK hardware (AES, CD, NGX) and I dig the NG Mini. Sure, it's not without it's flaws; disappointing HDMI out, arcade style over AES design (I prefer the NGX design). However, I like the new button layout (better for fighters) and the non-clicky thumb stick works better than I initially thought. Happy with the NG Mini overall. You just have to enjoy it for what it is.
    It's good you can see the positive in things despite how it's basically failed in every department including, for you, the looks. It is an ornament, not a piece of gaming hardware...

    Whilst I'm sure SNK appreciates your enthusiasm I'm sure they'd prefer you not mention NGX as being something of theirs (I too jumped straight in my little heart filled with hope ... fcking bollocks... nice looks and packaging though...).

    ...

    You buy this because there's nothing else (official) snk based you'd rather buy right now, you don't buy it to play games on.
    Last edited by gray117; 08-28-2019 at 11:05 AM.

  4. #1054

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Almightyburner View Post
    I've only just began to consider getting one, just so I can play some Neo Geo on a modern TV and not be stuck in the juvenile masturbatorium that is my entertainment basement area. My girlfriend might appreciate it.
    Your entertainment basement area sounds like the best part of the house. I'd spend more time there.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

  5. #1055
    Banned Theo Deo Di Bisexual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    SNK War Room

    Posts
    916
    https://youtu.be/7Y731lhJWHs

    I absolutely love my mini. You people who are rich and make $100 per hour need to get off your high horses and let every one else enjoy shit.

  6. #1056
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo DiBiasie View Post
    https://youtu.be/7Y731lhJWHs

    I absolutely love my mini. You people who are rich and make $100 per hour need to get off your high horses and let every one else enjoy shit.
    “rich”? “high horses”?

    Glad you’re rocking out on neo games and getting enjoyment out of the unit even if the neogeo mini (or its changed control scheme) isn’t for everybody.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  7. #1057
    Banned Theo Deo Di Bisexual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    SNK War Room

    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    “rich”? “high horses”?

    Glad you’re rocking out on neo games and getting enjoyment out of the unit even if the neogeo mini (or its changed control scheme) isn’t for everybody.
    Well I'm the type that appreciates what I have because I'm not a big baby or a spoiled rich kid. I think the button layout is just fine. I never touched a Neo Geo CD and I've been playing PlayStation ports for years.

  8. #1058
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo DiBiasie View Post
    Well I'm the type that appreciates what I have because I'm not a big baby or a spoiled rich kid.
    That makes two of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theo DiBiasie View Post
    I think the button layout is just fine. I never touched a Neo Geo CD and I've been playing PlayStation ports for years.
    Awesome. Everybody has their own preferences.

    You can play neogeo games on pretty much everything from modern consoles to cellphones for fractions of what these games used to cost. With so many options out there to play neogeo games it’s all about the gameplay.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  9. #1059
    Tung's Hair Stylist
    -SD-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    510

  10. #1060
    Banned Theo Deo Di Bisexual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    SNK War Room

    Posts
    916
    What is this? Official accessory?

  11. #1061
    RevQuixo. Who He?
    NeoCverA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    6,294
    So front looks like ng-mini controller ports for 2 player funtime and headphone jack for solo goodtime sounds.

    The right side????? Maybe ps4, xbone, switch and PC modes for arcade real playtime.

    How many games will be in there (is it just a controller?)
    What’s that stick like?

    Is it no wires for freedom happy play option?
    Last edited by NeoCverA; 09-02-2019 at 10:12 PM.

  12. #1062
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    153
    This new controller layout seems like heresy. Is this just a standard USB 8 button arcade stick with a bit of branding on it? This seems too far of a stretch from the tried and true 4 button.

  13. #1063
    Banned Theo Deo Di Bisexual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    SNK War Room

    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
    This new controller layout seems like heresy. Is this just a standard USB 8 button arcade stick with a bit of branding on it? This seems too far of a stretch from the tried and true 4 button.
    Wambulance.


    Serious note. I like it.

  14. #1064
    Banned Theo Deo Di Bisexual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    SNK War Room

    Posts
    916
    #45

  15. #1065
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Jumpingmanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Internet

    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Your entertainment basement area sounds like the best part of the house. I'd spend more time there.
    Well you are a basement brother.


    Could be alright if you mod it with some Sanwas/Seimitsus.
    Last edited by Jumpingmanjim; 09-02-2019 at 11:00 PM.

  16. #1066
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot

    Posts
    9,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo DiBiasie View Post
    https://youtu.be/7Y731lhJWHs

    I absolutely love my mini. You people who are rich and make $100 per hour need to get off your high horses and let every one else enjoy shit.
    Is that your channel?

    If so, please start making more videos about the forums. We both know how things are going to go for your forum account. These videos are your shot at immortality before you go.

  17. #1067
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot

    Posts
    9,915
    That doesn't matter. What matters is that, for a moment, you can heal me.

  18. #1068
    J. Max's Chauffeur
    Ralfakick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with Johnny Maximum, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, a drunk Majors Clark Still, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

    Posts
    1,939
    The Mini is $60 on Newegg today if that meet's anyone's price point to make the jump

    https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1686818...GOrneeHtw_lVlQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Yeah, but how do I get to the SNES games?
    Get the all the accessories!

  19. #1069
    DOLLARS TRILOGY SUPERFAN

    "There are two types of people in the world... those with admin powers and those who dont. I DON'T"
    SouthtownKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Posts
    22,713
    Who came up with the idea to make an arcade stick that connects to the Mini, where the stick is bigger than the console & screen you are playing on? Surreal. Now all we need is a new Neo Geo Mini memory card that is twice as big as the arcade stick.

  20. #1070
    Lazy SNK Employee

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas

    Posts
    51
    It’s catered to the Japanese always on the go, play anywhere culture, switches, mobile games, mini accessories thrive over, here doesn’t make much sense, heck I can’t make sense of what it all can do since I completely understand your logic, I am hoping it can piggy back off mini so we will see

  21. #1071
    DOLLARS TRILOGY SUPERFAN

    "There are two types of people in the world... those with admin powers and those who dont. I DON'T"
    SouthtownKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Posts
    22,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaoh View Post
    It’s catered to the Japanese always on the go, play anywhere culture,
    How is something you need to plug into the wall "play anywhere"? Always on the go? Good luck playing the Mini outside of your house. Or this stick which plugs into the Mini.

  22. #1072
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    11,430
    Nah, it's more like the Chinese philosophy of "release whatever shit you can since these guys will buy anything, even though we don't really know what we're doing."

  23. #1073
    Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.
    pixeljunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    in a glass of Orval

    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralfakick View Post
    The Mini is $60 on Newegg today if that meet's anyone's price point to make the jump

    https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1686818...GOrneeHtw_lVlQ
    shit, missed it. I would've bought one for $60...now it's 90 again BOOOOOO

  24. #1074
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralfakick View Post
    The Mini is $60 on Newegg today if that meet's anyone's price point to make the jump

    https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1686818...GOrneeHtw_lVlQ
    I got one coming, thanks. Anxious to see how bad it is...
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

  25. #1075
    Big Bang Pro Wrestler

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pico Rivera, CA.

    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    shit, missed it. I would've bought one for $60...now it's 90 again BOOOOOO
    I missed it also, I hope it comes around again fairly quickly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •