The Neo Geo mini is coming...

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
This Sega handheld is larger than the Neo handheld, but not by too much. It has a 4.8” screen, I believe (plus clicky-stick technology). It must have some decent processing power if it can run Virtua Fighter. It looks pretty cool.

If VF is HLE'd like it was in MAME for a long time it wouldn't be that demanding.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Release in November, expensive: 230 €, same 40 games included
TV8wB8C.png

https://www.worldwidedistribution.de/product/christmas-bundle-snk-neogeo-arcade-stick-pro/

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
$50 is finally a price I could see paying for it.

That $50.00 would be better spent on a nice dinner then this piece of crap.

Edit: They really must have a shitload of overstock from people not buying this junk to offer up "Random" colors to choose from. I can tell this thing is already going to vanish into nothing like the mini did.

What a total piece of junk.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I liked the Neo Mini. It's a classy little unit and I own two of those. It's good for hang outs to, so I don't have to drag out a bunch of MVS. The pro though I have no real interest in. The design is ugly to. It literally looks like a failed wii accessory or some shit.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
That $50.00 would be better spent on a nice dinner then this piece of crap.

Edit: They really must have a shitload of overstock from people not buying this junk to offer up "Random" colors to choose from. I can tell this thing is already going to vanish into nothing like the mini did.

What a total piece of junk.

Eh it’s just the condom that’s a random color, not the joystick itself. Easy AF to manufacture a large amount in different colors indiscriminately.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
one random one random one random one random eno androm oen romdam noe madrom

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I liked the Neo Mini. It's a classy little unit and I own two of those. It's good for hang outs to, so I don't have to drag out a bunch of MVS. The pro though I have no real interest in. The design is ugly to. It literally looks like a failed wii accessory or some shit.

They should have made this thing (Pro) look like an AES controller. At least that would have made sense.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
They should have made this thing (Pro) look like an AES controller. At least that would have made sense.

I’m thinking of putting the guts of my pro into a neo geo x arcade stick, looks like there is room, but would it be possible to disable four of the buttons and still have a working system?
I guess you could just unplug them?
I’ll open up my pro and unplug four buttons and see if still works. If so I’ll give it a go.

Last edited:

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
I’m thinking of putting the guts of my pro into a neo geo x arcade stick, looks like there is room, but would it be possible to disable four of the buttons and still have a working system?
I guess you could just unplug them?
I’ll open up my pro and unplug four buttons and see if still works. If so I’ll give it a go.

So I just opened up my Pro and disconnected the four extra buttons and the ABCD still work and you can play and control the system without the four extra buttons. So the inners in theory can be put inside a neo geo x ‘AES’ stick. I’m gonna have a think and maybe I’ll pick up a neo geo x stick from AliExpress, I’ve never modded anything before however it looks straight forward.... ish.