The Neo Geo mini is coming...

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I want to be wrong, but I have a bad feeling that we're getting something like this:
mini-arcade-machine.jpeg

PRO GEAR SPEC

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The explosion on the bottom of that cab looks like it's from Metal Slug actually.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
ugh... concave buttons.

Agreed. Concave buttons are really only good on certain controllers imo, like the SNES X/Y etc and NES square controller. It is one reason I prefer it over the dogbone. Button mashing feels a lot better on there vs dogbone.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
So this just got tweeted earlier today by SNK Japan...
https://mobile.twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/986786502679015424

And translated it says...
This year, SNK brand celebrates 40th anniversary. A new game machine that contains popular titles of NEOGEO will emerge, expressing gratitude to all fans who support SNK's works such as "KOF" "Legend of Fatal Family" "Samsupi" "Metasura" ! Please stay tuned. The Future is Now!

Looks like they are planning a Neo Geo mini...

Why that arcade machine wearing a burka?

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Shame, it does look like they're just going for a new gimmick with this one.

The Neo Geo X had the portable-dock dynamic, but I think most folks just played it on their TV. This one might try the mini arcade form factor for the sake of novelty, but watch it get all its playtime via HDMI out.

All they had to do was copy Nintendo's approach and put some solid effort in polishing the execution. They could even have been first to let people go online to buy new games, leveraging their success with the ACA releases.

Well, if you lower your expectations, you will not be disappointed.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Shame, it does look like they're just going for a new gimmick with this one.

The Neo Geo X had the portable-dock dynamic, but I think most folks just played it on their TV. This one might try the mini arcade form factor for the sake of novelty, but watch it get all its playtime via HDMI out.

All they had to do was copy Nintendo's approach and put some solid effort in polishing the execution. They could even have been first to let people go online to buy new games, leveraging their success with the ACA releases.

Well, if you lower your expectations, you will not be disappointed.

I don't think this thing will have HDMI out.

shadowtek

n00b
I actually received an email 2 weeks ago from the supposed team working on this and they asked if I wanted to take a look at it. I told them I did and then I kinda forgot about it:

neo_Mini.jpg

This morning they reached out to me again since now the cat is (I guess) outta the bag. We will see if (and what) they deliver.

Did they ever give you any more details?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
LOL canned email, I know others that got that same email.

Of course it's canned. Do you expect them to write a personalized letter to each video creator and blogger they want to cover their product?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You will be butthurt when I take the little Neo mini, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
You will be butthurt when I take the little Neo mini, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass.

It will make him and his friends scream for joy.

Beckett

n00b
I wonder if they will make region variants of it like the SNES mini. Would be cool to have a big red and a candy cab variant..

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Did they ever give you any more details?

I got the same email....

It's all very weird atm in the SnK scene... luckily we have awesome weirdoes here who will show them a true path to Glory...

aka. Psychotic ramblings of our memberbase...

xROTx

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I got the same email....

that mail is quite weird indeed...I asked details to my SNK contact, will share more details hopefully after the GW.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
We all know this is going to end up being a POS and we will ridicule those who buy them.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Ok, initial feedback from head of marketing, is that this is likely hoax/scam mail, but they need to verify internally and it is the Golden Week you know. He is gonna report the thing to his boss and will keep me posted.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
We all know this is going to end up being a POS and we will ridicule those who buy them.

Agreed. In an age of practically perfect emulation where you can play teh romz on a vacuum cleaner, the likes of SNK(lol) has to throw down something pretty spectacular to make a real statement. Anything less will be bollocks

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Ok, initial feedback from head of marketing, is that this is likely hoax/scam mail, but they need to verify internally and it is the Golden Week you know. He is gonna report the thing to his boss and will keep me posted.

Looks like a couple guys out in the desert built some machines and claim they're official. SNK is suing them claiming they're not official and stealing intellectual property. These guys are claiming in defense that SNK gave them the rights to be a third party publisher, and SNK just forgot and called the FBI for no reason. They presented a piece of paper with letterhead as evidence even though part of the case against them alleges what these guys do is print forged pieces of paper to look authentic.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Neo geo mini info leaked.

Kind of disappointed but over all looks pretty good. 3.5 in screen and portable. HDMI out and two controller ports. am fan of the Neo geo CD controller so happy about that, but Would have also liked an arcade stick as well. So hope the make them well and not with cheap plastic. the 40 games list is pretty good as well. but still missing good titles. Only time will tell if this is true but if its not its a damn good fake.
02792761-8251-4A27-8B7A-2ACA7FA17674.jpeg
3869A4E5-727A-4ED4-B433-F4B08CA86937.jpeg
White is nice
469B386E-BF44-4005-88E1-83A5A987FFA9.jpeg
Games list
0F8A5F83-0B6E-4E2A-BDED-8F5CD6A5B061.jpeg

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

Kind of disappointed but over all looks pretty good. 3.5 in screen and portable. HDMI out and two controller ports. am fan of the Neo geo CD controller so happy about that, but Would have also liked an arcade stick as well. So hope the make them well and not with cheap plastic. the 40 games list is pretty good as well. but still missing good titles. Only time will tell if this is true but if its not its a damn good fake.
View attachment 50039
View attachment 50040

Well.... I don't know. Kinda cool but a stand alone system with out the screen may have a better investment. Games are solid though.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I think it actually looks pretty cool. The CD pads look great. Games list is pretty good too. Would like to see Baseball Stars 2 and Aero Fighters 2, but that list is very solid considering the NES/SNES classic systems were around 20 games each.

I was hoping for a 5 inch screen, but still interested in it - now jus want to know the price and how the emulation is (hope the manufacturer is not Atgames). I think the $129 - $150 guess from the video is most likely correct. Do like the extra Neo Controllers, wish they would release Neo Sticks as well - hopefully the pads and if they do sticks are good quality.

View attachment 50039
View attachment 50040
White is nice
View attachment 50041
Games list
View attachment 50042