The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you consider the roms to be free, then I guess it still isn't much more expensive than I expected it to be. Since by most accounts so far it appears to be a fairly nice screen, with HDMI etc.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
If you consider the roms to be free, then I guess it still isn't much more expensive than I expected it to be. Since by most accounts so far it appears to be a fairly nice screen, with HDMI etc.

I personally don’t consider the ROMs to be free, on the contrary, I consider that a nice price for a packet of 40 good game licenses… the hardware comes free. :buttrock:

Regards.

Locutus73

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I might grab one if it's not too difficult to find, I don't see myself playing it very much but as a nice novelty to place on my desk or a shelf it would be kind of cool. I was hopeful that it would be in the sub 100 price range.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Didn't think I would, but I ended up preordering. Sucks that the controllers are sold out... Wonder if the Neo Geo stick for PS3 will work with an adapter.

J3ster

n00b
Didn't think I would, but I ended up preordering. Sucks that the controllers are sold out... Wonder if the Neo Geo stick for PS3 will work with an adapter.

I thought they haven't been released yet, or it's my hope :)

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I' m guessing USD 89 for the unit plus 29,99 for the pads

I should be a business analist. Wanted to pick one up but not at these prices. Looking forward to somebody reviewing it though. See if that changes my mind.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

Yeah, I would think the controller would be required to play this.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's not Nintendo classic levels of catastrofuck, but they sure make it difficult to buy these things. The controllers selling out is particularly annoying. This before you factor in that it's likely that a ton of orders went to resellers.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I think the controllers and HDMI cable will be released a couple weeks later. The SNK official page lists the release date for the units with controllers in early August. Actually, the unit could easily be delayed at Amazon too.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This thing makes the Neo Geo X seem like a tolerable product.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I think the controllers and HDMI cable will be released a couple weeks later. The SNK official page lists the release date for the units with controllers in early August. Actually, the unit could easily be delayed at Amazon too.

I spotted that too, but the SNK shop isn't currently taking orders on any version bundled with a controller either. It reminds me of the NES classic, they must have assumed fewer would want these extras. It's strange how we still have no idea whether these controllers might be usable elsewhere out of the box. Easy money for SNK, and good reason to manufacture more of them.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
My brother asked why I want this and not Neo Geo X. I guess for me there are a number of reasons:

-Not licensed to another company.
-Correct screen aspect ratio.
-Not as overpriced, not overpaying for games.
-Not just a fancy portable and TV console -- form factor makes it a more interesting novelty to show to people.
-Potentially better emulation.

I was discussing the Neo Geo Mini with my brothers who know less about it on our Youtube channel a week ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLAXrA_tIwM&feature=youtu.be&t=1h6m47s

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
At least the Neo Geo X idiots managed a digital stick and put all the buttons in the right place.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
It's a shame that SNK did just reach out to the fans for some input. I realize that you can't please everyone but there's a few simple fixes that would have made most people happy. Using analogue sticks is just dumb. I mean even the NEO GEO pocket had nice micro switches.. I'm hopeful that they sell a nice arcade stick for the Mini or maybe a third party with make one.

Zenjay

n00b
Is it confirmed the analogue sticks will be on the final retail controllers? I just don't see why they would do that when they're mimicking the NGCD pads.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Probably because it’s cheaper to use a single all-in-one analog component than four decent quality individual microswitches and do it properly...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Is it confirmed the analogue sticks will be on the final retail controllers? I just don't see why they would do that when they're mimicking the NGCD pads.

Same reason they put the buttons on incorrectly.

Zenjay

n00b
Well, I'm gonna have to see how this shapes up once they're out in the wild before I commit. It's a novelty item, but if the games control like shit because the controllers and/or emulation suck, then it's pointless regardless. They should make the Neo X sticks compatible with a mini USB adapter.