All this crap we hoard but never use - Fat$tacks legacy

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
So I was recently in the process of cleaning up the attic and I found boxes full of games and game related crap that I will never ever use again (in physical form). It reminds me of Fat$tacks' post recently. What to do?
I have decided to keep just a handful of my all time favorites but at the same time I am too lazy to sell (all that hassle for a couple of $).
Mind you, these pics are just a FRACTION of shit that I have hoarded over the years.
I came across Dreamcasts, Saturns, MSX games, PC Engine Crap, a HUGE selection of PS3, X360 games and Nintendo DS consoles & games.
Some of this stuff is probably worth crazy money but I can't be bothered.

IMG-20180413-WA0003.jpeg
IMG-20180324-WA0000.jpeg

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sell them as bundles on eBay or here, raffle them off to members here for the fun of it, donate them.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Sell it all ya fucken dog cunt!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's funny, but most of the games on your pics are either 30fps or interlaced or both. Keep Einhänder, Snatcher and the sublime Strider remake for the PS1 and let the dogs out for the rest. Nothing lets games age faster than dated technological sores they're based on.

But on to your problem at hand...

Selling them online? Yeah, that's work I hate, too. Don't you have a retro store nearby to make a quick deal? Or maybe a friend, who has an online store and could buy you off? The other possibility is to force people to come to you personally. Just give an ad with a "collection at residence only" remark and don't bother about anything else.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Sell them as bundles on eBay or here, raffle them off to members here for the fun of it, donate them.
Sell it all ya fucken dog cunt!
Keep Einhänder, Snatcher and the sublime Strider remake for the PS1

I'll keep Einhänder, Snatcher, Strider & SOTN - my favorites incidentally. I'll make a list and place it in the Selling thread here. After that, I'll donate the rest to somebody who actually wants that crap.

But seriously, that SOTN....
It's the PAL limited edition version with CD and artbook. Mint condition and I see they go for around €400 on Ebay. Make me a reasonable offer over PM and it's yours.

Last edited:

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
It's the PAL limited edition version with CD and artbook. Mint condition and I see they go for around €400 on Ebay. Make me a reasonable offer over PM and it's yours.

Cheers but it would just end up the same way here - like a dolled up sheila with nowhere to go....

I'd keep it if there is no rush - who knows what it'll be worth in a few years if its already at 400euro

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
i like your style.
game shops are a dying breed, pawn shops are too scutty to deal with regarding their buying policies, and that only leaves an online or private sale.
one of them isn't worth the effort or the paper trail left.
two months ago, gave away 60+ ps2 games in a box to a charity shop i made sure the games went to their proper destination. in the hands of children.
one way to offload stuff (for free given the intent of the subject) is flag down small starting families (nice ones that invest in their community and have solid ethics) and just hand it off to them.
i sometimes do this when in town, it's a last resort method of giving away.
everybody has heads stuck up own bums and it's a catch 22 situation when it comes to the public/social contract.
for every one child that takes the gift in the spirit it's meant in, there's nine other adults not related to that child in the wings waiting to scream child fiddler.
if it's really too much hassle, just leave a box with all you don't want outside home, and somebody will pick it up eventually, guaranteed. :p
good find.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
So I was recently in the process of cleaning up the attic and I found boxes full of games and game related crap that I will never ever use again (in physical form). It reminds me of Fat$tacks' post recently. What to do?
I have decided to keep just a handful of my all time favorites but at the same time I am too lazy to sell (all that hassle for a couple of $).
Mind you, these pics are just a FRACTION of shit that I have hoarded over the years.
I came across Dreamcasts, Saturns, MSX games, PC Engine Crap, a HUGE selection of PS3, X360 games and Nintendo DS consoles & games.
Some of this stuff is probably worth crazy money but I can't be bothered.

View attachment 49792
View attachment 49793

I'd say a few people here would be interested but sadly I don't do PAL region stuff myself.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I'll be moving soon. We'll see how much crap I've collected. I can tell you right now that my movie collection has become unmanageable. Knowing I was moving, I got rid of four old PCs recently, and I instantly regretted not keeping at least one with a parallel port. My new programmer with a USB interface doesn't offer half the chip support of Willem.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
everybody has heads stuck up own bums and it's a catch 22 situation when it comes to the public/social contract.
for every one child that takes the gift in the spirit it's meant in, there's nine other adults not related to that child in the wings waiting to scream child fiddler.
So you're accused of fiddling children by nine out of ten people you try to interact with?

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
@ the two idiots addressing me.
missing the point on purpose, i know you know where i'm coming from.
i'll entertain you and spell it out.
1, no. but any negative interaction in this day and age amounts to the same when the chips fall.
at least that's how i interpret it, and the current climate between any sort of human interaction, chancing danger.
how many of you flipped the fuck out a stoved a skull in just because?
2, i agree there's a damn good reason, but if any basic in full public interaction is deemed as dodgy at best, what's the point trying?
i could be a drug dealer and in better standing with the majority, i don't care about the masses, i'm not reaching out to the dregs.
if the attitude is fuckoff and don't bother, then by that logic, i'll ignore any children crossing roads or level crossings, and leave them to become paste!
wouldn't wanna 'offend' the 'sensibilities' of the swine masses. :D
[edit]
if the standard is what it is, then society outside my own survival and little clique isn't worth a fuck. :(

Last edited:

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
^^ never!
curious you quote that one specific line, hit a nerve?
have you gone full retard on some random member of the public that approached you, a basic interaction?
....hahahaha!

joala

^^ never!
curious you quote that one specific line, hit a nerve?
have you gone full retard on some random member of the public that approached you, a basic interaction?
....hahahaha!

Yep. I'm the one thats gone full retard. Do you even read back to yourself what you type?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yep. I'm the one thats gone full retard. Do you even read back to yourself what you type?

Those texts are too specific for automated Google translate texts yet too incomprehensible to just come up with. Unless you're a psycho, then it would make sense.

joala

giphy.gif

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Try to find a local retro resale shop. Offer the whole thing for 50% going rates.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So you're accused of fiddling children by nine out of ten people you try to interact with?

Add "interacting with children" to the list of things that amiga is terrified of.

To the OP: Trash that PAL garbage. It's all worthless.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'll keep Einhänder, Snatcher, Strider & SOTN - my favorites incidentally. I'll make a list and place it in the Selling thread here. After that, I'll donate the rest to somebody who actually wants that crap.

That's the spirit!