California

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I sometimes wonder if Lex Luthor's plan to nuke the San Andreas fault and cause California to sink into the Pacific Ocean could actually happen. I think we owe it to ourselves to at least try.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
What else do you hear?

I hear Dunkin' Donuts' Texas Toast isn't even made in Texas.

I hear all my exes live in Texas.

I hear y'all cowboys suck from the Ayn Rand teat.

Also, George and George.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
California is the best state and the only reason someone would take the time to yell at you is if your driving skills are not up to par . Splitting lanes is the only way to travel on a bike , plus carpool access.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I lived in Colorado and we would frequently get waves of millions of people from Texas and California, some from AZ and NM too but...
It gets a little frustrating sometimes.
Cali-foreigner "I'm so glad I moved here it's so expensive in Cali"
Well now that several million of you have moved here it's expensive here now too.
Most of them are the rejects as well, the fat ugly stupid ones.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I enjoy driving in Socal much more than Norcal. At least in Socal most of the drivers drive fast. In Norcal you always have those idiots driving their Prius' in the fast lane. It's like fuck off with your 120 horsepower tree-hugging nerd mobile. Either drive AT LEAST to the speed limit, or get the hell out of the fast lane!
Also, no one in Norcal signals when changing lanes, and I figured out why: people there don't like other people getting in front of them in their lanes, so they speed up to cut you out of getting in front of them. So people stopped signalling so drivers don't know you're planning on cutting in front of them.
The other reason Norcal drivers are terrible is that there are a lot of techie-transplants from other countries (India and China), so they drive like they're in their own countries or they are intimidated by the speed that American's drive at and drive super slow and timid. Add that to the fact there are only 2 options on the peninsula to go between SF and San Jose... fuck the 101, and fuck the 280 equally. I'd much rather be stuck in traffic in LA than stuck in traffic in SF. Norcal's infrastructure was not built for that amount of population.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Driving in LA is the absolute fuckin' worst. That said, I would rather be stuck in traffic in LA than driving down an open road in Texas, because well, you're still in Texas. Texans are kind of like amiga1200, they think they're superior to everyone and that their state and everything about it is the best. Bunch of ignorant fagits for the most part who are scared of people who don't live like them. If Fox News was a geographic location, it'd be Texas. I have a lifelong Chicagoan friend and a few years ago she moved to Texas, now she's fully one of them. It's unfortunate.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I have friends from Texas, and none of them act like that. But I don't run with assholes.

fake

15 Year Member
What's all the hubub about LA traffic, by the way? Constant traffic jams on the highway? Is it really that different from any other big city?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
What's all the hubub about LA traffic, by the way? Constant traffic jams on the highway? Is it really that different from any other big city?

It's orders of magnitude worse than anything else I've seen. I lived near an I-10 overpass and would regularly see traffic just parked on the Interstate. I saw standstills on the surface roads every morning, lasting for my whole commute (as I walked/biked by).

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
If madman lived here for a month he would never leave.

He would 100% wear a cowboy hat and jack up his Prius

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
It's orders of magnitude worse than anything else I've seen. I lived near an I-10 overpass and would regularly see traffic just parked on the Interstate. I saw standstills on the surface roads every morning, lasting for my whole commute (as I walked/biked by).

Damn. So for comparison, my office is 13 miles from my house. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour and 15 to get there. If I were going in the opposite direction (away from the city), the same distance would take me 20 minutes tops. It's worse than that? And is there a major / obvious reason why it's so bad other than overpopulation?

:lolz: I've never seen anyone around here riding a horse except for some po-pos in the cobblestone parts of the city, but the on-ramps do have "No horses" signs. They don't have "No donkey" signs, though, so that situation is pretty ambiguous.

Last edited:

madman

If madman lived here for a month he would never leave.

He would 100% wear a cowboy hat and jack up his Prius

I spent around 3 straight weeks in Houston for a customer back in like 2006. In the middle of the Summer. Fuckin' dump.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Mr. Bungle named an album after Cali - it can't be too bad.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Damn. So for comparison, my office is 13 miles from my house. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour and 15 to get there. If I were going in the opposite direction (away from the city), the same distance would take me 20 minutes tops. It's worse than that? And is there a major / obvious reason why it's so bad other than overpopulation?

:lolz: I've never seen anyone around here riding a horse except for some po-pos in the cobblestone parts of the city, but the on-ramps do have "No horses" signs. They don't have "No donkey" signs, though, so that situation is pretty ambiguous.

Driving around California basically the entire time I've been driving tells me it's a combination of your average congested population all using the same road at once coupled with what Opt2not was saying about how merging works around here, if everyone stayed in the lane that suited them and all went a consistent speed, there would be much less to no traffic, well, unless you also factor in accidents. That's why I'm looking forward to the self driving cars, it'll mean less fucking idiots zipping back and forth between lanes like a lunatic

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Drove both NorCal & SoCal and the drivers seem fine. Phoenix though, they loco.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I spent around 3 straight weeks in Houston for a customer back in like 2006. In the middle of the Summer. Fuckin' dump.

Isn't Houston also the fattest city in America?

madman

Yeah Houston is almost always one of the fattest cities depending on criteria used to rank them. It's that Texas mentality, they can do whatever they want, they're true Americans! They ain't no commies, they've got the right to give themselves heart disease if they want to. You don't like it? Get outta Texas, boy!

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Yeah Houston is almost always one of the fattest cities depending on criteria used to rank them. It's that Texas mentality, they can do whatever they want, they're true Americans! They ain't no commies, they've got the right to give themselves heart disease if they want to. You don't like it? Get outta Texas, boy!

lol, mads, lol