California

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
So my son and I went to the LA area last week so he could race and I've got some questions for the locals.

Several people yelled out the window "go back to Texas" while in traffic. Are Texans public enemy number 1? Would it help if I put a rainbow bumper sticker on my truck?

How many motorcyclist die each day due to driving in between lanes?

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
So my son and I went to the LA area last week so he could race and I've got some questions for the locals.

Several people yelled out the window "go back to Texas" while in traffic. Are Texans public enemy number 1? Would it help if I put a rainbow bumper sticker on my truck?

Definitely. Put a rainbow sticker on your bumper. It will confirm what we all already know.

Spoiler:
Fagit

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
California is the liberal equivalent of Texas, a state that exists in its own world and plays by its own rules. So naturally the rivalry runs deep.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Did you have a Cowboys sticker on your vehicle? Still lots of hardcore Raider fans in the area.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

Troll post.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
CA considers itself progressive, but really they are just pretentious.
It's one of the few generalizations that i feel fine saying. Yeah, it's probably more focused in So Cal.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
So cal is full of trash. Nor cal is where it's at.

That's the only explanation I can really think of. I've lived in NorCal all my life, and I can't imagine someone here doing that to someone else just because they have Texas plates. I'm sorry that happened to you, because that's really shitty.

Lane splitting isn't a problem here because drivers know that motorcycles do it, so it's not some surprise when one pulls up right between you and the car next to you. If people were getting killed on the reg, you can bet that they'd pass a law banning the practice.

Lukejaywalker23

That's the only explanation I can really think of. I've lived in NorCal all my life, and I can't imagine someone here doing that to someone else just because they have Texas plates. I'm sorry that happened to you, because that's really shitty.

Lane splitting isn't a problem here because drivers know that motorcycles do it, so it's not some surprise when one pulls up right between you and the car next to you. If people were getting killed on the reg, you can bet that they'd pass a law banning the practice.

I yelled back " I support reusable energy" but I don't think they cared

fake

15 Year Member

I think we can all agree that LA is the problem. Like, in a million situations.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
LA is basically the armpit of the Golden State, I don't know what exactly it is, but there seems to be a larger concentration of jackasses in the more densely populated parts of the state (I've almost been run off the road numerous times when visiting family out in the Bay, my uncle who's lived out there his whole life figures it's probably due to a lot of wealthy folk with an entitlement problem mixed in with your standard asshole population you see anywhere else) I always just assumed this was a regular thing, if you're in an area with a lot more people you're more likely to come into contact with a piece of shit. I swear the whole state isn't like that, and as a California native I'm sorry you got yelled at by some dumbass. As for the motorcycle thing, I had no idea that was just a California thing, they usually just tend to take advantage of it when in heavy traffic in my experience.

fake

15 Year Member
LA is basically the armpit of the Golden State, I don't know what exactly it is, but there seems to be a larger concentration of jackasses in the more densely populated parts of the state (I've almost been run off the road numerous times when visiting family out in the Bay, my uncle who's lived out there his whole life figures it's probably due to a lot of wealthy folk with an entitlement problem mixed in with your standard asshole population you see anywhere else) I always just assumed this was a regular thing, if you're in an area with a lot more people you're more likely to come into contact with a piece of shit. I swear the whole state isn't like that, and as a California native I'm sorry you got yelled at by some dumbass. As for the motorcycle thing, I had no idea that was just a California thing, they usually just tend to take advantage of it when in heavy traffic in my experience.

Not that I've ever been there, but I imagine a lot of people in LA have the mindset that simply being in LA means "I've made it and I'm on top of the world" even though they're waiting tables and trying to get on game shows to pay the rent. They think they're celebrities and can do anything they want without any consequences.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
So cal is full of trash. Nor cal is where it's at.

You speak the truth. I lived in California for a few years and when I was there I almost never went down south. SoCal is for dorks lmao.

But unfortunately I was caught in the middle of the NorCal fires last year and had to evacuate. I was so lucky not to lose everything, because I had neighbors who’s entire property burned to the ground... this was in Mendocino county when I lived on a farm. (Potter Valley)

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Well Texans don't want Californians in your state so naturally Californians don't want Texans in our state. I get triggered when I see Texas plates and my first thought is to ask "ARE YOU LOST BOY"

BTW only downtown LA is unpleasant, it smells like pure piss 24Hrs a day.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Well Texans don't want Californians in your state so naturally Californians don't want Texans in our state. I get triggered when I see Texas plates and my first thought is to ask " ARE YOU LOST BOY"

I hear Panda has the same thoughts... I do believe he's off work Oiling up his 24 Gauge Shotgun...

xROTx

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I've seen Marines here in San Diego driving around in gigantic pick up trucks w/ Texas plates & American flags. Not sure how they get away with it. :shame:

Lukejaywalker23

Well Texans don't want Californians in your state so naturally Californians don't want Texans in our state. I get triggered when I see Texas plates and my first thought is to ask "ARE YOU LOST BOY"

BTW only downtown LA is unpleasant, it smells like pure piss 24Hrs a day.

I don't think we care if Californians come to Texas. We just send them to Austin