Buying New / Sealed Games

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I actually had a few early games that were still sealed just a couple of years ago, sold them on here since I figured if I haven't played them by now I'll sell them to someone who will.

I still have a sealed Neo CD Last Hope because I normally play it on Dreamcast.

that's wild. certainly in this hobby where fakes exist, a way to reseal the game is possible though?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
that's wild. certainly in this hobby where fakes exist, a way to reseal the game is possible though?

Yea, evidently there are guys resealing even current/last gen games with the Y seal. I know you can't but if you walk into Wal Mart know and look at the games, they literally have the same plastic Y fold that new games have.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Good ole skywaypro, bought a couple carts from him way back.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Good ole skywaypro, bought a couple carts from him way back.

Yeah he sold me my KOF 2003 AES cart. I swear it was new old stock it was in that nice of condition. Legit seller 100%

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Recently bought a new Kyukyoku Tiger Hu-Card. Pristine, no?

fRsQqf1.jpg

Not so much inside. Moldy smell. The card itself fusing with its sleeve. And the best part: the rustiest staples I've seen in my life:

Sf3XyeE.jpg

KMDEXNJ.jpg

These basically fell apart on contact, shedding rust dust all over the place. It all cleaned up somewhat in the end, and the game still works. I'm glad it did not spend any more time just sitting there in its shrink wrap.

Please open the stuff. It's just rotting, if it's somehow still sealed so many years later.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

fRsQqf1.jpg

Not so much inside. Moldy smell. The card itself fusing with its sleeve. And the best part: the rustiest staples I've seen in my life:

Sf3XyeE.jpg

KMDEXNJ.jpg

These basically fell apart on contact, shedding rust dust all over the place. It all cleaned up somewhat in the end, and the game still works. I'm glad it did not spend any more time just sitting there in its shrink wrap.

Please open the stuff. It's just rotting, if it's somehow still sealed so many years later.

I'm glad you saved it bro. This is just great to see and how all those cats that buy sealed games can now shudder in fear of their collection, Kudos.

giphy.gif

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
in retro terms, never, that rusted staple image is a good example of one thing that goes wrong over time, though it can and does happen to game manuals used not kept in ideal conditions.
easy enough to redo, with a good sturdy equally aligned stapler.
one thing i've not resolved, is if the rust bleeds into the paper of the manuals, that blemish stays for life. :(
tbh, it's rare i see any game sealed factory new these days.
present generation non-withstanding. :D

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Made some sweet deals there, too. The pics of his room presenting how fine the cart's working are unforgettable.

He even did that with a $10 copy of Smash Bros on the N64 without me asking, guy is a legend.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,

I have seen someone that sold a JPN AES cart of Twinkle Star Sprites like this about 4-6 years ago... he asked me if I wanted it... for $2,500. I looked at the pics and the manual was literally just like this with rust, and the insert was damaged about as bad from some kind of water damage. I am not sure how bad the cart was damaged... I literally had to ask him if this was for real, and he replied "yes, do you want it?" It was the first time in my life I did not think twice about telling the seller I was not interested in an AES game that rare. It would not have mattered if it was only $100, that kind of damage is insane. Now I have seen this twice in my life, and I still am amazed. Wow! Simply sad! :eek:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

fRsQqf1.jpg

Sf3XyeE.jpg

KMDEXNJ.jpg

Watchu talkin bout Willis?

That's obviously a gold level 95+ VGA gradable copy right there :keke:

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I have seen someone that sold a JPN AES cart of Twinkle Star Sprites like this about 4-6 years ago... he asked me if I wanted it... for $2,500. I looked at the pics and the manual was literally just like this with rust, and the insert was damaged about as bad from some kind of water damage. I am not sure how bad the cart was damaged... I literally had to ask him if this was for real, and he replied "yes, do you want it?" It was the first time in my life I did not think twice about telling the seller I was not interested in an AES game that rare. It would not have mattered if it was only $100, that kind of damage is insane. Now I have seen this twice in my life, and I still am amazed. Wow! Simply sad! :eek:

That price sounds bad for the time, but today? I'm not sure it wouldn't sell relatively fast. Maybe that damage was entirely cosmetic.

Watchu talkin bout Willis?

That's obviously a gold level 95+ VGA gradable copy right there :keke:

Make that 98++ now! :D

VDSX2Jl.jpg

HYbjonm.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
When floppy disks, compact disks or cartridges cease to exist, will 'sealed' give you that ultimate illusion of viability?