Buying New / Sealed Games

chromesphere

New Challenger
I don't usually buy NOS games, I dont like them...I could have paid less and not had a seal that's going to drive me nuts....im going to pick at it like scab...Look at that thing...Needs to come off...

Attachments

• 20180416_114919.jpg
    20180416_114919.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 446

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Why is the seal full of pubes? Someone has been sticking their cawk in there haven't they...

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Imo i would remove that, and as long as you play it and not entomb it in sealed acrylic its cool. I have bought lots of sealed games, always open every one. Just don't indoctrinate us in grail lore is all we ask.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I only buy NOS games that have a seal full of pubes otherwise how can you call it a grail? it hasn't been christened yet!

joala

I only buy NOS games that have a seal full of pubes otherwise how can you call it a grail? it hasn't been christened yet!

Here's a guy that knows what he wants

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Buying a sealed game nowadays is mostly doing a blind bargain... there's always a feeling of dirt, attrition and burnt with the jewel case being cracked: mint > sealed.

joala

Its fucks me off when people describe stuff they are selling "Oh yeah, excellent condition, totally mint man!" then it arrives and its anything but...

An accurate description isnt much to ask right?

Cunts.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Buying Sealed Aes games is pretty pointless. It just comes with a sticker which you could remove and just stick back on and it still doesn't keep the case and insert from getting damaged. I've purchased many sealed and used Aes games and sometimes the used game would be in better condition than the New Sealed game. Sealed Neo Geo Games sometimes came with factory flaws like blemishes on the cart, double cart stickers, cracked trays. Just take the sticker off and enjoy the game.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Would be easy to ‘seal’ fake kizuna encounters on eBay, then come up with some shit about finding a box of them in Germany.

But I’m not a cunt, so wouldn’t.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Would be easy to ‘seal’ fake kizuna encounters on eBay, then come up with some shit about finding a box of them in Germany.

But I’m not a cunt, so wouldn’t.

You mean France?

063bc1e4dd2e84fd0f2b468a4172d777.jpg

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I purchased one NOS AES game in the last ten years, and that was Alpha Mission II. I only bought it because it was only like twenty more than an opened copy. Fucking sticker residue after I peeled it off drove me nuts

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I purchased one NOS AES game in the last ten years, and that was Alpha Mission II. I only bought it because it was only like twenty more than an opened copy. Fucking sticker residue after I peeled it off drove me nuts

Stickers are always annoying, good thing we have orange goo-gone. Just make sure if you do it to take the insert out etc and clean it up afterwards.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I find it very hard to believe that, in 2018, there are still Neo games that have never been opened.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I find it very hard to believe that, in 2018, there are still Neo games that have never been opened.

Certainly, they existed...

You just described 50% of madman's collection!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I actually had a few early games that were still sealed just a couple of years ago, sold them on here since I figured if I haven't played them by now I'll sell them to someone who will.

I still have a sealed Neo CD Last Hope because I normally play it on Dreamcast.