New 161 in 1

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
International, USA and Japan versions? you mean the artwork on the case right?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Why wouldn't you just buy a NeoSD? at 285 euros already for the 161in1 you'd be stupid not to.

Last edited:

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
It is 155 dollars(USD) cheaper than a NeoSd. I looked AliExpress they still haven't released it there. I'm sure they are going have it at some point at a fraction of that price.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
It is 155 dollars(USD) cheaper than a NeoSd. I looked AliExpress they still haven't released it there. I'm sure they are going have it at some point at a fraction of that price.

yeah but its 1550 dollars(USD) better than this...

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Lots of these popping up on eBay. Looks like someone has convinced the Chinese to make an AES version of the 161 in 1 cart.

But for this price, you could get an MVS to AES adapter and a 161 in 1. Pricey for what it is.

Perhaps someone could make a new 161 or similar cartridge with all the neo library and no rom hacks, it is 2018 after all. That would be a real cheaper alternative to Neo SD.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Perhaps someone could make a new 161 or similar cartridge with all the neo library and no rom hacks, it is 2018 after all. That would be a real cheaper alternative to Neo SD.

It wouldn't be cheaper than the Banana Multi and anything above those $100 shipped couldn't be consider real cheaper. With the NeoSD it's just a matter of time till more copies join the circulation. Then cheaper will be available through the pre-owned market.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Lots of these popping up on eBay. Looks like someone has convinced the Chinese to make an AES version of the 161 in 1 cart.

But for this price, you could get an MVS to AES adapter and a 161 in 1. Pricey for what it is.

this is what I've been wondering for some time...why don't they just make a multicart with every game on it? I understand in the past that they held certain games back so that they could keep releasing different multicarts to make you spend more money but now that the neo-sd is out they should just go all out and do it

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
this is what I've been wondering for some time...why don't they just make a multicart with every game on it? I understand in the past that they held certain games back so that they could keep releasing different multicarts to make you spend more money but now that the neo-sd is out they should just go all out and do it

And maybe it will happen one day, but likely there isn’t enough perceived demand to reprogram or recreate a multicart from scratch. So we are stuck with the out of date ones we’ve got.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
I'm pretty sure a new 161-1 type cart with ALL games for like $100-150 would sell like hot cakes...and what would there be to re-program other than dumping on the games onto one chip?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Man, if only there was a company (Terraonion) who made a multicart (NEOSD) with the entire library running perfectly (it exists) that would be awesome.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure a new 161-1 type cart with ALL games for like $100-150 would sell like hot cakes...and what would there be to re-program other than dumping on the games onto one chip?

There are so many problems with this statement I don't know where to begin. So I won't.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Man, if only there was a company (Terraonion) who made a multicart (NEOSD) with the entire library running perfectly (it exists) that would be awesome.

True, of course. But it would be possible to mass produce a cheap 161 in 1, but with a better selection of titles - even the full neo library, for much less than the price of the NeoSD. If someone bothered. But for now, the NeoSD is the ticket to heaven.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Plus, doesn't that 161-in-1 have some choice cuts missing? Like Sengoku 2, etc? Jeez, what's the point?

-SD-

Camel Slug
I came across a load of these on eBay last night, same guy from Spain with about 30 or so of ‘em. And MVS - AES converters too... I did wonder what the deal was.

Also +1 for NeoSD...

sayadin1315

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
its getting worse and worse with all this multi carts circulating everywhere now.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I ordered one of these. They said they heavily tested it and didn't see any sound glitches or other glitches
Which I'm sure there is going to be. Going to give it a test run tho. It has all my top fav. Neo games on it. Should be in on the 25 to May 9th.