New 161 in 1

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I have played the shit out of this today and love it. Last Blade 2 for an hour or more. Metal slug 2, 3, 4, x, Mark of the Wolves for an hour or more. Love the fact of just switch the game no waiting. The non hacked games seem to play very well. I know this is probably the banana yellow. I like the fact it's AES looks alright in the system without a converter. But yeah the pro version of NeoSd Pro with the quick load times will be the seller.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
Not going to individually reply to everyone who quoted me since it's not a big deal (at least to me). These are in general my reasons for what I said before.
Most MVS games are short and can be beaten in less than an hour, so yes I switch games very often whenever I have a chance to play. I also already own 95% of the games I ever wanted on MVS, so it makes no sense to me to waste time loading games when I can swap carts in a matter of seconds. Anyway, this is obviously my own personal situation and I do see the appeal of the NeoSD for people who don't already own the games they want to play. I just personally would rather spend that money on 1 or 2 of the MVS carts I'm still missing.
I don't mind loading times on optical media based consoles (PCE, SegaCD, NeoCD, PS1, etc...) since that's expected out of that kind of technology.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just because it's for the home console doesn't mean it's still not a $50 shitty chinamart product.

It's surprising this has taken this long, because this is exactly what this is. I have to assume they're going to make a killing on these, judging by the thirst around MVS converters.

neo_ezekiel

I've been on this site for over 10 years.,
Well I hate to admit it but i bought one, defiantly have some sound issues with some games. Also 60% of the time when a game loads I have to reset the game to clear up graphical issues.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Well I hate to admit it but i bought one, defiantly have some sound issues with some games. Also 60% of the time when a game loads I have to reset the game to clear up graphical issues.

Sell that shit, buy a neosd.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object

I honestly haven't seen many issues. Not saying there isn't any. I play mostly in US MVS mode. I don't really play the hack versions of the games. I have seen them graphical glitches in them.

I emailed them asking about other muti-carts, and they said they take a lot of time for AES games. I mainly asked if they were going to release one with a full library on it. They didn't confirm what they were going to release, but in time there would be more AES games released.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I honestly haven't seen many issues. Not saying there isn't any. I play mostly in US MVS mode. I don't really play the hack versions of the games. I have seen them graphical glitches in them.

I emailed them asking about other muti-carts, and they said they take a lot of time for AES games. I mainly asked if they were going to release one with a full library on it. They didn't confirm what they were going to release, but in time there would be more AES games released.

Dv5e5.gif

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior

So it's worse than the original MVS 161-in-1 where all but 3 games work without issues (actually, one you just need to change region)? I guess the audio problems can be fixed the same way on the MVS version, not sure at all about the others.
Make sure you use a strong power supply as those carts draw more power than a normal cart.

neo_ezekiel

So it's worse than the original MVS 161-in-1 where all but 3 games work without issues (actually, one you just need to change region)? I guess the audio problems can be fixed the same way on the MVS version, not sure at all about the others.
Make sure you use a strong power supply as those carts draw more power than a normal cart.

Funny thing is games seem to run fine after I hit reset , I may try hooking up my ver 1 AES and see how it plays.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I have to say its starting to look like these japangameonline AES 161in1 are not looking very good when compared against the MVS version with a converter. No idea if the ones shawn has sold are the same or not however.

From the reports I have had so far It appears they have removed the softDIP loading/saving feature the MVS 161-in-1 has.

Basically if your planning to use one with PICKnMIX your really going to be limited to using it in Console mode only.

neo_ezekiel

Yeah definitely crap build

Upon games selection on a rev3 AES unibios 3.3

P_20180514_183409_vHDR_Auto-982x552.jpg

After reset
P_20180514_183422_vHDR_Auto-982x552.jpg

P_20180514_211503_vHDR_Auto-982x552.jpgP_20180514_211453_vHDR_Auto-982x552.jpg

The games seem more stable on my Rev.1 with stock bios
Aero Fighters 3 is a mess, everything else so far as been fine apart from random sound issues

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I have to say its starting to look like these japangameonline AES 161in1 are not looking very good when compared against the MVS version with a converter. No idea if the ones shawn has sold are the same or not however.

From the reports I have had so far It appears they have removed the softDIP loading/saving feature the MVS 161-in-1 has.

Basically if your planning to use one with PICKnMIX your really going to be limited to using it in Console mode only.

In PicknMix I can switch between regions, arcade, and console just fine. Just not being able to use softdip while s in PicknMix. Mode.

I've only used debug bios and 4.0 bios

I admit I'm bad about probably picking up sound glitches, but I wonder if you received a bad cart neo_ezekiel. Do you have to reset on stock bios also?

neo_ezekiel

In PicknMix I can switch between regions, arcade, and console just fine. Just not being able to use softdip while s in PicknMix. Mode.

I've only used debug bios and 4.0 bios

I admit I'm bad about probably picking up sound glitches, but I wonder if you received a bad cart neo_ezekiel. Do you have to reset on stock bios also?

Nope stock boots fine

Aero fighers 3 is shit on both thou

Last edited:

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Nope stock boots fine

Aero fighers is shit on both thou

I can't say I have ever played a lot of Aero Fighters but I did just finish the game in Jap. Mode.

Neo Drift Out glitches out while in PicknMix but works just fine under the main menu. I wonder if it's cause with PicknMix it's trying to play the game at Lv-0 that causes it.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Anyone buying this instead of a NeoSD is just wasting their damn money.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member