AES Video Problems

xwred5

n00b
EDIT 2 (5/4): I recapped with console5.com 's kit, which included changing the resistor and cap values for RGB. OSSC issue is fixed. Time to pony up for a NeoSD.

I just picked up my first NEO Geo. Japan S/N 02911 via Ebay. I searched the forum, and apologize if I missed a thread with this solution in it.

When I use the composite video, the screen flickers on my CRT, not sure if it's a sync issue or my late Samsung consumer CRT hates the frequency.

Over RGB through an OSSC (using retro gaming cables), I get ghosting through the lines (pics below).

I've used the stock PSU and one from Retro Game Supply.

EDIT: found another TV with composite in - worked great, so it's H and V sync must not work with my Consumer CRT. I'll keep and recap to hopefully improve RGB.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    501.7 KB · Views: 57
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

xwred5

n00b
In case anyone cares. I took my old caps to work today and measured them on a calibrated LCR. The high capacitance 10V capacitors are dead. Everything else looked okay, even the 1000µF power cap. The 100µF caps on the RGB line all read ~7.5µF. The 220µF all read ~17.5µF in the audio section.

TL;DR you should probably re-cap early AES models

IMG-3772.JPG

IMG-3771.JPG