Sega Fes 2018 News: Mega Drive Mini / Shenmue 1&2 HD / Sega Ages (M2) Switch & More!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Despite not being interested at all in the Mini, I'm happy to see AtGames finally get what they deserve: The boot from SEGA. Should have happened after they crapped out their first failed abortion of a Mega Drive clone, though.
Agreed though i wouldn't be surprise if sega look at what nintendo did with there classic line.Then they figure they could do allot better then letting atgames handle it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I don't think it's been mentioned here, but there was originally going to be a proper remaster of Shenmue with some remade assets before the current HD port we got:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-segas-cancelled-shenmue-remake

Personally I'm fine the current port (assuming the reported issues have been patched), and I don't think this newly revealed port would have addressed the changes I personally wanted to see in the game: revised controls, re-working Shenmue 1's pace, and possibly adding meaningful side activities. Mostly wishful thinking, so I will just be grateful for the current port as it is.