AES - power switch problematic

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Hi all - my AES power switch has become really problematic: it turns the console on in 1/30 times... I was wondering if it is OK to just leave it ON, and turn the console on by simply plugging it to the power socket? Would that be safe for the console, given that I would have to unplug it too?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hi all - my AES power switch has become really problematic: it turns the console on in 1/30 times... I was wondering if it is OK to just leave it ON, and turn the console on by simply plugging it to the power socket? Would that be safe for the console, given that I would have to unplug it too?

Yeah, just use a switched socket or power strip. That way you don't have to plug in and unplug every time.

Have you opened the console and cleaned the power switch? Maybe the plastic part that operates the actual switch on the motherboard is damaged. Manually check operation and spray with contact cleaner. While you're at it, may as well clean the port where you plug in the AC adapter and the cart slot.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks Wyo. Yes, I opened it and everything seems to be OK... My knowledge is limited though. I will definitely spray it with a contact cleaner at some point and change the switch too, if needed.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Thanks Wyo. Yes, I opened it and everything seems to be OK... My knowledge is limited though. I will definitely spray it with a contact cleaner at some point and change the switch too, if needed.

If you change the switch, contact lions3d on here. He makes repro switches via 3D printing and his work is top notch.