after 25+ years, the Simpsons are getting shit for Apu speaking with an accent and...

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The only East Indians we see in the US are from wealthy families that come here. They only shop at night, they never use Food Stamps or WIC, and they buy produce mainly.

The ones I work with got computer science degrees in India, came over here on work visas, and make six figures at IBM, MS, Oracle, and all the other enterprise tech companies. Remind me what you've accomplished in your life?

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
@ those quoting me.
jesus guys!
all i was doing was defending simpsons, not like it EVER needed it.
just, not impressed with how that gets attacked.
i mean, COME ON!
without some light gallows humour (simpsons halloween specials too) it will be like all other contrived pol-correct trite.
so, yeah! :D
get a sense of humour rocky dennis!

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I just seen a show about this coming to tru tv lmao like for real

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Apu has been offensive well before simpsons got really bad.

I had to step in and ameliorate a very heated, apu-driven confrontation between two South Asians and my co-workers in 2000.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

I had to step in and ameliorate a very heated, apu-driven confrontation between two South Asians and my co-workers in 2000.

Let me guess, because of his outing as the fifth Beatle... and a veggie?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Let me guess, because of his outing as the fifth Beatle... and a veggie?

More like a co-worker decided to do a scripted public announcement in an Apu-voice. And some south Asian homies weren't havin' it.

They wanted to beat some ass. But I was able to calm shit down as I traveled in the same circles as the GF of one of them.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The ones I work with got computer science degrees in India, came over here on work visas, and make six figures at IBM, MS, Oracle, and all the other enterprise tech companies. Remind me what you've accomplished in your life?

He made "Assistant Night Manager" at the grocery store.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

Does making this post make you feel more secure in your manhood?
Or you fell better about yourself because you put somebody else down?
It helps remind you of what you've accomplished in your life?

Time flys by, seems like just the other day you were complaining how your an adult and have never been able to find a real job.
Then you found a job doing video editing or something.
Now you've moved up in the world I guess now you feel the need to put down others.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

The problem wasn't Apu but rather that there wasn't a son of Apu who spoke without an accent. That would have cleared up everything early on. But like, who cares? Matt Groening's books were pretty offensive without being racist at all, but they were funny regardless.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Does making this post make you feel more secure in your manhood?
Or you fell better about yourself because you put somebody else down?
It helps remind you of what you've accomplished in your life?

Time flys by, seems like just the other day you were complaining how your an adult and have never been able to find a real job.
Then you found a job doing video editing or something.
Now you've moved up in the world I guess now you feel the need to put down others.

I don't even know where to start with this one.

1. You've been here a lot longer than me, and you've been posting pretty consistently, so I suppose this is a rhetorical question, but, are you familiar with GregN? You know, the guy who posts ignorant shit even though he's been unemployed the vast majority of his life? The guy who makes fun of other members when their cat dies?

2. I'll admit it; I misread Greg's post. I thought he said they do use food stamps, etc., which is why I jumped on him, so I apologize for that.

3. It's still a pretty fucked up thing to say "The only East Indians who come to the US are from rich families." WTF? Yup, all Indians are privileged moochers who don't have practical skills? Yeah, we should just ignore that. OK. :rolleyes:

4. You might be conflating me with someone else. I don't think I've ever complained about not being able to find a real job. I got a job within 3 months of graduating college and haven't been unemployed since. I worked for a start-up for a long time, which I may have stated isn't a "normal" job, so maybe that's what you're thinking of? I really don't know. I think a few months ago another member (awbacon maybe? Someone from Chicago.) was saying he couldn't find a job, and I was giving him some advice since we're in the same field. So if you're going to attack me, at least get your facts straight.

5. Yes, I'm in "video editing or something". I'm not going to boast about my job or my clients, but you don't have to worry about me. I'm fine.

tl;dr, Misread GregN's post, GregN still needs a slap in the face, Fuck you?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I don't even know where to start with this one.

1. You've been here a lot longer than me, and you've been posting pretty consistently, so I suppose this is a rhetorical question, but, are you familiar with GregN? You know, the guy who posts ignorant shit even though he's been unemployed the vast majority of his life? The guy who makes fun of other members when their cat dies?

2. I'll admit it; I misread Greg's post. I thought he said they do use food stamps, etc., which is why I jumped on him, so I apologize for that.

3. It's still a pretty fucked up thing to say "The only East Indians who come to the US are from rich families." WTF? Yup, all Indians are privileged moochers who don't have practical skills? Yeah, we should just ignore that. OK. :rolleyes:

4. You might be conflating me with someone else. I don't think I've ever complained about not being able to find a real job. I got a job within 3 months of graduating college and haven't been unemployed since. I worked for a start-up for a long time, which I may have stated isn't a "normal" job, so maybe that's what you're thinking of? I really don't know. I think a few months ago another member (awbacon maybe? Someone from Chicago.) was saying he couldn't find a job, and I was giving him some advice since we're in the same field. So if you're going to attack me, at least get your facts straight.

5. Yes, I'm in "video editing or something". I'm not going to boast about my job or my clients, but you don't have to worry about me. I'm fine.

tl;dr, Misread GregN's post, GregN still needs a slap in the face, Fuck you?

GregN burned his last bridge with me when he once called Game of Thrones 'Game of Saving Throws' just because it had armor and swords.

It's like he shat on all my hobbies at once even though he didn't know a fucking thing about them or why people like them.

Fuck that guy.

Spoiler:
I'm joking.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
GregN burned his last bridge with me when he once called Game of Thrones 'Game of Saving Throws' just because it had armor and swords.

It's like he shat on all my hobbies at once even though he didn't know a fucking thing about them or why people like them.

Fuck that guy.

Spoiler:
I'm joking.

I gotta admit, Game of Saving Throws is pretty freaking funny.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Well a man who's half of his comedy is Hot Pockets, I don't expect for anyone to aim very high. :lolz:

This was funnier than anything either GregN or Jim Gaffigan have ever said.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Well a man who's half of his comedy is Hot Pockets, I don't expect for anyone to aim very high. :lolz:

One step away from "Why is it called Ovaltine? They should call it Roundtine!"

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Just waiting for someone to say that Simpsons should be cancelled altogether, because 99% of the characters are wearing "yellowface". Which reminds me. SJW shit their pants about a white actor wearing yellowface make-up in Cloud Atlas, while the very same movie had an asian woman wearing whiteface make-up, which NO ONE ever used as an argument against the original complaint.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Just waiting for someone to say that Simpsons should be cancelled altogether, because 99% of the characters are wearing "yellowface". Which reminds me. SJW shit their pants about a white actor wearing yellowface make-up in Cloud Atlas, while the very same movie had an asian woman wearing whiteface make-up, which NO ONE ever used as an argument against the original complaint.

Of course not that wouldn't fit the popular narrative.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

I have always thought of the "Yellow" Simpsons characters to be non-racial. That is kinda weird because there are decidedly racial characters.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Of course not that wouldn't fit the popular narrative.

The best part is, in most of the cases, it's white people bringing this shit up on behalf of "opressed ethnic minorities". At least this time the guy was actually part indian. India must be lucky to have this guy on their team. They make up almost 20% of world's population, and none of them thought of officially complaining about the character, until a New York born doucher thought of using his ethnicity to get attention.

His wiki page, which he most likely wrote himself, says it all.

"He is best known for his comedy on subjects such as race, identity, and inequity and the LGBT community."

Particularly hilarious is a bit of trivia under "Early life and family":

"Kondabolu was born in Queens, New York in 1982, to Ravi and Uma, who had immigrated from Tenali in Andhra Pradesh, India. Soon after Ravi had immigrated to the United States in 1978, while in a small town in Louisiana, he was approached by a person who asked, "Excuse me, sir, are you Chinese?". Both parents trained in medicine in India, and became the heads of New York area medical labs."

Well, they sure showed that ignorant retard, by becoming heads of medical labs. I guess if you come from a family, which considers an offhand remark made by someone who is either blind or mentally challenged an anecdote worth passing onto future generations, you'll carry those hang-ups with you for the rest of your life.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day when a SJW white boy starts saying that claiming black people have huge dicks is racist and strengthens harmful stereotypes.