Thread: SD System 3 Arcade Card Game - Graphic Glitches, Crashes and Resets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

SD System 3 Arcade Card Game - Graphic Glitches, Crashes and Resets

I had a quick look but can't see any reports on these.

The games are the neo geo conversions using the Arcade card:

Garou Densetsu 2 - Aratanaru Tatakai
    Garou Densetsu Special
    Ryuuko no Ken
    World Heroes 2

The above titles all have intermittent graphical glitches on sprites and backgrounds, eventually causing the game to crash and hang, or crash and reset.

Strangely, Sapphire and Strider which are both Arcade card games seemingly work without any issues (got to the last level (stage 5) on Strider) as does normal CD games.

I thought it may be poor ROM dumps, but I have tried around three different sets, some as .cue & .iso, others as .cue & .bin(s) and they all have problems.

In terms of testing, I have tried two SD cards (Sandisk & Toshiba) both in exFAT and FAT32, but still the same issue.

I'm using System Card 3.0, with held Start and Select Reset turned OFF.

How are you getting on with these titles?
    I am not sure whether these are working fine for everyone else, or the community are not reporting as they don't bother playing these games because they already own the superior originals (although these are pretty decent conversions).

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by s. k. technique View Post

Garou Densetsu Special
    Ryuuko no Ken
    World Heroes 2

The above titles all have intermittent graphical glitches on sprites and backgrounds, eventually causing the game to crash and hang, or crash and reset.

Strangely, Sapphire and Strider which are both Arcade card games seemingly work without any issues (got to the last level (stage 5) on Strider) as does normal CD games.

I thought it may be poor ROM dumps, but I have tried around three different sets, some as .cue & .iso, others as .cue & .bin(s) and they all have problems.

In terms of testing, I have tried two SD cards (Sandisk & Toshiba) both in exFAT and FAT32, but still the same issue.

I'm using System Card 3.0, with held Start and Select Reset turned OFF.

How are you getting on with these titles?
    I am not sure whether these are working fine for everyone else, or the community are not reporting as they don't bother playing these games because they already own the superior originals (although these are pretty decent conversions).
    Weird - I've been playing a ton of World Heroes, Fatal Fury Special and of course Sapphire and haven't experienced this at all - using a Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SDXC

I know you probably have - but I'm assuming you've checked "use arcade card" in the options menu?

Is this with a regular PCE or a Supergrafx?
    Terraonion Team Member

Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on Youtube!

Follow me on Twitter @ToddsNerdCave

I have exactly the same problem, already informed Terraonion by Email. My hardware is a Coregrafx.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I am using a CoreGrafx I (blue logo).

Yes, Arcade card is ticked (otherwise the game won't load and you get a crying Terry Bogard)

LarsDragon - Interesting, same hardware here. I do own an original white pc engine - I will test this tonight and report back on how I get on.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Ok, I managed to try out the SDS3 (Version 2 board) with an original, unmodded white PC Engine. I was only able to try one game last night, World Heroes 2....to my surprise, it worked without any issues! I put the game on beginner and went all the way through with Hanzo to completion and didn't see a single glitch or experience a crash using the same Rom set (.cue & several .bins). When I switched over to the white pc engine, I was asked which bios to use, and I chose System 3.0.

When I switched back to the CoreGrafx and booted up World Heroes, the graphical glitches where immediate, the first character Erick was all glitched. I also checked the EXT pins at the back of console, there is nothing bent or damaged and the SDS3 fit is nice and snug.

I should have stated that the CoreGrafx is modded with a region switch, no idea how this was done as it was bought this way. The glitches occur no matter which region I set it to. I am not sure if the mod is a red herring given that the graphical glitches seem to be isolated to just the four Arcade Card games and not Sapphire or Strider.

LarsDragon - Is your CoreGrafx an original, unmodded unit?

Yodd - I see that you have the blue CoreGrafx in your review vid, I imagine you haven't experienced any of these issues?

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by s. k. technique View Post

Garou Densetsu Special
    Ryuuko no Ken
    World Heroes 2

I tested these titles out lastnight with this setup:

In-Game Trigger Off
    Composite connections
    256gb Evo+ card
    Core Grafx II (unmodded w/original NEC PSU)

I didn't experience any reported issues after 5-10min of use with the exception of "Garou Densetsu 2 - Aratanaru Tatakai". It crashed during gameplay requiring a reboot power off/on cycle. Perhaps I would've seen issues with the other titles had a played longer than 10min?

Thread Information