NHL/NBA playoffs 2018 thread

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am shocked that Celtics is up 2-0 on Lebron. These young kids are growing up in this year's playoffs and drawing the Bucks might have been the best thing for them in the first round.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Knights are now up 2-1 over the Jets. Safe bet that if they win on Friday, we're going to the Stanley Cup finals.

Last night's game was insane. Incredibly intense play from both sides. Fluery was oustanding and performing miracles on the ice during the third quarter. Frankly, I'm amazed we won.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Knights are now up 2-1 over the Jets. Safe bet that if they win on Friday, we're going to the Stanley Cup finals.

Last night's game was insane. Incredibly intense play from both sides. Fluery was oustanding and performing miracles on the ice during the third quarter. Frankly, I'm amazed we won.
I have to say, I'm pulling for you guys. Exciting to see major pro sports in Las Vegas, but to also have a team that might win the Stanley Cup in its expansion year is very awesome. The closest experiences to this I've seen is the Arizona Diamondbacks winning the 2001 World Series, and the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers playing in the AFC and NFC Championship games respectively in only their second year.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I'm a little shocked at how the Rockets ran the Warriors out from almost end to end. I knew they had that in them against lesser teams, but that was great to watch. Let's see if they can sustain that over the series. Call me cautiously optimistic.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I have to say, I'm pulling for you guys. Exciting to see major pro sports in Las Vegas, but to also have a team that might win the Stanley Cup in its expansion year is very awesome. The closest experiences to this I've seen is the Arizona Diamondbacks winning the 2001 World Series, and the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers playing in the AFC and NFC Championship games respectively in only their second year.

The Avalanche won in their first year but they were basically the Quebec Nordiques and not a fresh expansion team.

Last game between the Jets was crazy, Fleury is really bringing his A game. Those two back to back saves in the 3rd were insane. Im predicting Las Vegas and Tampa in the Finals .

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Congrats Vegas! To the Stanley Cup Final in inaugural season!

Man, fuck Vegas. They eliminated my only hope for a Canadian team winning the cup again. The only team I care about that’s left are the Caps, and they’re on the verge of elimination too.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Man, fuck Vegas. They eliminated my only hope for a Canadian team winning the cup again. The only team I care about that’s left are the Caps, and they’re on the verge of elimination too.

I hope the Calgary Flames move back to Atlanta. Or Houston or Seattle.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Congrats Vegas! To the Stanley Cup Final in inaugural season!

People here are losing their minds with either excitement or complete disbelief. In a way it's almost too much for our minds to process. Our first ever pro sports team, in it's first year, is going to the Stanley Cup. Just....fucking wow.

By the way, odds were 200-1 that they'd make the Finals and 500-1 that they'd win the Cup. If we take it all the way, sports betters are about to lose a lot of money. I've talked to several people who made $20 or $50 joke bets just so they could say they have a betting ticket for the first season. You can do the math from there.

Also, interesting fact, the two other previous expansion teams in the NHL to go to the finals in their first year were in 1918 and 1968. It's like it's some weird fate that every 50 years it happens.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'd like to see Vegas or the Caps take it at this point. Wouldn't have minded the jets going all the way either.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
People here are losing their minds with either excitement or complete disbelief. In a way it's almost too much for our minds to process. Our first ever pro sports team, in it's first year, is going to the Stanley Cup. Just....fucking wow.

By the way, odds were 200-1 that they'd make the Finals and 500-1 that they'd win the Cup. If we take it all the way, sports betters are about to lose a lot of money. I've talked to several people who made $20 or $50 joke bets just so they could say they have a betting ticket for the first season. You can do the math from there.

Also, interesting fact, the two other previous expansion teams in the NHL to go to the finals in their first year were in 1918 and 1968. It's like it's some weird fate that every 50 years it happens.

Ya i heard it was 500 to 1 odds in the beginning of the season, crazy. Those guys who bet $50 can go out and buy a new car with that if they win. I think they have the momentum though. Tampa and Washington are going to 7 games so those teams are going to be beat up and tired. Vegas has played far fewer games at this point, so i would put my money on them taking it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
No Igoudala tonight. If the Rockets are going to have a chance, they HAVE to win this game.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
No Igoudala tonight. If the Rockets are going to have a chance, they HAVE to win this game.

Or they could win the last 3 games of the series and advance.

Counting to seven is hard.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Or they could win the last 3 games of the series and advance.

Counting to seven is hard.

Being a scarf wearing retard must be hard too.

If the Rockets can't win this game with the Warriors missing one of their big 5, they're sure as fuck not getting a win with a healthy Igoudala next time out.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
You can't win a 7 game series by being up 3-1 genius

Stockton to Malone etc

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Patiently waiting on the Caps chokejob tonight. This is the kind of game the franchise has consistently lost for 40 years.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Patiently waiting on the Caps chokejob tonight. This is the kind of game the franchise has consistently lost for 40 years.

This isn’t like losing to the Habs after winning the division.

Tampa is a legit team, won the division, has a balanced core and gristled veterans who know the Caps inside and out from playing them with the NY rangers. If the Caps win, it’ll be Tampa that choked. I see the Bolts as favorites here.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Caps will go to Vegas for the finals. They closed out the Bolts convincingly. Bolts were a tough team and if momentum was actually a thing in Hockey, this would have ended game 6.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Momentum is a thing in hockey. I've watched and played it my whole life.

Sometimes though no matter your effort you can't swing the momentum.

Great game from the caps. Expected no less from them.