NHL/NBA playoffs 2018 thread

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The suns were dominant back in the Steve Nash days.

Indeed. Watching that team play from 04-10 was pure magic (Outside of that one season with Shaq. We don't talk about that one), and the fans are hoping we can get there again with Booker, Jackson, and presumably Ayton or Doncic from this upcoming draft. The Suns have always been a (mostly) winning team and this seven year playoff drought has been torture.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
welp.

Nuggets need to fire that horrible coach. Holy shit.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Anybody get ESPN+ OTT service?

Edit: Also really wishing the Cavs had kept Wade right now.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs won game 3, now trail Nashville 2-1. Too bad our best defenseman and starting goalie got hurt right before the playoffs.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I gotta get + because they're putting big fights on it exclusively. Terence Crawford vs Jeff Horn for one.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
My hockey team blows ass now, so, they didn't make the playoffs, but, in a turn of events, my basketball team made it, so, consolation prize, I guess. Go Sixers :D

Fygee

20 Year Member
Who thinks Las Vegas will win the Cup?

We've shattered all other expectations this season. Might as well go for broke and win the cup too. ;)

Sweeping the Kings was incredibly satisfying.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
We've shattered all other expectations this season. Might as well go for broke and win the cup too. ;)

Sweeping the Kings was incredibly satisfying.

Its unprecedented that an expansion team has done so well. I hope they go for it, would be cool to see and great for other potential Vegas teams. To compare, the Senators won a total of 10 games in their first year with 70 losses.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I think a big part of it is this city has been so completely starved of pro teams for its entire history that now that we have one, our fan support is through the roof. It's like the most epic sports blue balls you can imagine finally getting a release. Throw in a state of the art stadium, some smart and lucky drafting, "Vegas Syndrome" for visiting teams that party too hard, heightened home team passion due to the mass shooting that occured last year, and "lightning in a bottle" chemistry for this team, and you've got an expansion team sports miracle.

I'm eager to see how our new WNBA Aces team does. I get a feeling that they're going to get much more crowd support and ticket sales than most WNBA teams do, especially since we don't have an NBA counterpart (yet) and there's a ton of basketball fans here.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I'm eager to see how our new WNBA Aces team does. I get a feeling that they're going to get much more crowd support and ticket sales than most WNBA teams do, especially since we don't have an NBA counterpart (yet) and there's a ton of basketball fans here.
The team formally known as the Utah Starzz, San Antonio Silver Stars and San Antonio Stars will probably be a big rival to the Phoenix Mercury though the series has been pretty lopsided.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He once said on local TV, "We don't get paid enough to win games" during his time for the Charlotte Hornets. The next year he was gone. Stellar player.

I don’t think LJ was as much the problem as the team owner.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I want the Cavs to make it again from the east but I have a feeling it will be 76ers. Either way I think it is the Rockets to lose this year.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Cavs will be lucky to get by Indy. Toronto and Philly are both far better teams, no way LeBron goes back to the Finals this year.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Cavs will be lucky to get by Indy. Toronto and Philly are both far better teams, no way LeBron goes back to the Finals this year.

They are better teams but don't underestimate playoff LeBron...

Fygee

20 Year Member
You had Larry Johnson back in the 90s.

With UNLV, so collegiate, not pro. Still, it was exciting stuff. The golden Tark years were special.

The team formally known as the Utah Starzz, San Antonio Silver Stars and San Antonio Stars will probably be a big rival to the Phoenix Mercury though the series has been pretty lopsided.

Which will make me feel conflicted as fuck.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
^^^^ LMFAO

Dwayne Wade is a cunty bitch, I am glad Sixers won last night, he can go suck a wrinkled dick.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Great game by the Avs tonight! Never quit after the BS reverse call against them. Fought off the Predator and scored 2 goals in the last 4 mins. Let's see if they can pull an upset on the Presidents' Trophy winner

Avs won game 3, now trail Nashville 2-1. Too bad our best defenseman and starting goalie got hurt right before the playoffs.