NHL/NBA playoffs 2018 thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Got to catch the whole game at the bar while all the openers were playing the concert I was at tonight. Awesome to see them get a win.

Down to the third string goalie, too. Bernier got taken out last game by a cheap shot.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My experience in these playoffs is that the Refs are not protecting players and calling blatant stuff, only making calls to keep games close enough. The Bettman Way.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Fuck Carmelo Anthony absentee teammate motherfucker. Paul George also was hollowman tonight.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
To think there’s a potential scenario where both Ohio’s NHL and NBA team could be sent home after only one round, I wouldn’t believe it just after the 2017 NBA Finals/before Kyrie Irving was traded.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
First Round Playoffs

NHL Playoffs: First Round (best of 7)

Eastern Conference:
Tampa Bay 4, New Jersey 1
Boston 4, Toronto 3
Washington 4, Columbus 2
Pittsburgh 4, Philadelphia 2

Western Conference:
Nashville 4, Colorado 2
Winnipeg 4, Minnesota 1
Las Vegas 4, Los Angeles 0
San Jose 4, Anaheim 0

NBA Playoffs: First Round (best of 7)

Eastern Conference:
Toronto 4, Washington 2
Cleveland 3, Indiana 3 (final game tomorrow)
Philadelphia 4, Miami 1
Boston 3, Milwaukee 3 (final game today)

Western Conference:
Houston 4, Minnesota 1
Utah 4, Oklahoma City 2
New Orleans 4, Portland 0
Golden State 4, San Antonio 1

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
NHL Playoffs: First Round (best of 7)

Eastern Conference:
Tampa Bay 4, New Jersey 1
Boston 4, Toronto 3
Washington 4, Columbus 2
Pittsburgh 4, Philadelphia 2

Western Conference:
Nashville 4, Colorado 2
Winnipeg 4, Minnesota 1
Las Vegas 4, Los Angeles 0
San Jose 4, Anaheim 0

NBA Playoffs: First Round (best of 7)

Eastern Conference:
Toronto 4, Washington 2
Cleveland 3, Indiana 3 (final game tomorrow)
Philadelphia 4, Miami 1
Boston 3, Milwaukee 3 (final game today)

Western Conference:
Houston 4, Minnesota 1
Utah 4, Oklahoma City 2
New Orleans 4, Portland 0
Golden State 4, San Antonio 1
Fixed it for ya. ;)

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yea it is kind of funny to compare James and Anthony at this point in their career, both 33 one still playing at a peak while the other is spent.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Vegas got completely robbed in that goal reversal for game 2. We should be up 2-0. Total bullshit.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Absolute malarkey

Vegas got completely robbed in that goal reversal for game 2. We should be up 2-0. Total bullshit.

That game pissed me off, too. Basically gifting two PP opportunities back to back is just beyond ridiculous in addition to the goalie interference call.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Now that the Avs are done, the only thing I care about is the NLL playoffs.

My Colorado Mammoth are playing their most hated rivals, the bitchass Calgary Roughnecks, here in Denver this coming Saturday.

These guys have mostly kicked our asses in the playoffs, though
2004: Calgary 13, Colorado 11 (Calgary went on to win Championship that year)
2006: Colorado 18, Calgary 17 (Colorado went on to win Championship that year)
2008: Calgary 15, Colorado 13
2009: Calgary 15, Colorado 8 (Calgary went on to win Championship that year)
2011: Calgary 10, Colorado 6
2013: Calgary 15, Colorado 10
2014: Calgary 16, Colorado 15 (Overtime)
2015: Calgary 11, Colorado 6
2016: Calgary 11, Colorado 10 (Overtime)

Mammoth are 1-8 in playoff games vs Calgary, 5-5 in playoff games vs any other team.

But we kick their asses almost every time in the regular season. Frustrating.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Glad the Blunders lost...I love watching tears from OKC fagits!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Fuck Carmelo Anthony absentee teammate motherfucker. Paul George also was hollowman tonight.

Gonna suck pretty hard when PG refuses to re-up and heads to LA, and Carmelo opts in at $28 million to clog the cap. Russ really doing his best to be the new Kobe, took 43 shots in the elimination game.

Re: Melo - look at Wade. That's how to act when you're a guy that used to be a megastar and now you're not. Still gets hot sometimes, understands that his value is mostly other places, though, and doesn't force the issue.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Melo isn't the same type of player as Wade or LeBron, though. He's never been a leader, he's never been a good passer, he's never been a good defensive player. He's a scorer that needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's a pretty good rebounder for his size when he actually cares. But if you signed Carmelo Anthony to be a mentor to your young players or fit into some kind of background role, it's your own fault.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying watching him fail as a Nuggets fan, but you can't put a square peg in a round hole.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Its official, this is better then Paul George going to the Celtics. OKC Blunders were stupid/desperate...They gave up 2 assets for someone who probably wont sign next seasons. It would be great if Westbrook & George leave the Blunders.

Honestly, being a Magic fan, Oladipo is not really that great. Plays SG and cannot shoot the ball to save his life.

Oladipo sucks. Thunder are the second team to go oh hey we thought you were better than that there's the door.

They gave up jack and shit for Paul George, which makes the Celtics look dumb for the second time in 2 weeks (could have had Butler if they wanted him, but as usual Ainge sits with both thumbs up his ass). Could have traded for him and signed Hayward, and they'd be a serious challenger to the Cavs. As is, they're still not gonna beat the Cavs let alone any of the bloodsport in the West.

I was right about that trade. OKC must feel pretty stupid right now. Paul George as i've mention is not a superstar. I change my mind, i hope he stays. They can be borderline playoff team every year and be in cap hell. This awesome, it would be sweet if Durant wins another title just rub it in their Okies faces again!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Y’all can only imagine what it was like to see the Caps finally beat the Pens in the playoffs

It’s a good feeling. Pens are always hard to beat in the playoffs. This was the cleanest series we have had against them, which I guess is because Tom Wilson was suspended.

As much as the focus has been on Crosby, I think Malkin is the real mvp of the pens. His placement and anticipation was top shelf.

Bring on the Bolts.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Definitely was good to see the caps get over the hump. I hope they take advantage of this opportunity.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I hope Sixers and Celtics go to 7 and they let James get some more rest.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The playoffs were over when Curry got healthy. Don't delude yourselves. Only way anybody else has a chance is if another Warrior gets hurt.