Shit films/games/music that are shit, you know they are shit, but you love them anyway

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
So much love for Sonic R in this thread, add me to this list. Maybe I should do a Sonic R run for the 1cc thread and show off my mad emerald collecting skillz.

I'm going to pick 3 from each category.

Shit films I like: Street Fighter the Movie, Your Highness, Wild Wild West

Shit games I play: Robo Pit, Deadly Premonition, Duke Nukem Forever

Shit music I listen to: BassHunter (in Swedish), Duran Duran, Tenacious D

Duran Duran and Tenacious D are by no means shit or deemed shit. Quite the opposite

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
You are such a fuckin' hipster.

You can’t even hear a single note that Jason Newsted played on that album... it’s not hipster, it’s called having a pair of EARS.

Great songs though.

After Ride the Lighting that might be my second favorite Metallica album

They all sound rather silly and overplayed to me at this point, but I’d probably pick RTL as my favorite as well.

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Shit movies:
Doom. Awful movie, but damn if that FPS scene isn't so fun it's worth the rest.
Critters 2 - Also awful, but so fun I just don't care.

Shit games:
Duke Nukem Forever - I got exactly the game I expected, here. Not the game I WANTED, but the game I expected.
Urban Champion - I don't know. I know it's shit, but I love playing it.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Duran Duran and Tenacious D are by no means shit or deemed shit. Quite the opposite

Yeah, never thought Duran Duran had a bad reputation. Their self-titled is a classic.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I enjoy a lot of bad movies. My tolerance level for shit music and games is much lower.

Metallica’s AND JUSTICE FOR ALL

what a heartbreaking travesty of an album. Beautifully written, arranged, and performed... RUINED by horrible dry BLAND production with inaudible bass and ugly drums. Fuck.

Anyone that complains about production quality on a METAL album is a fucking faggot.

fake

15 Year Member
I enjoy a lot of bad movies. My tolerance level for shit music and games is much lower.

Anyone that complains about production quality on a METAL album is a fucking faggot.

How dare someone expect decent engineering and mixing from the most mainstream metal band of all time!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well there's a whole story about that, but pretty much Lars told the mixing guy to drown out the bass so it doesn't sound right at all. Go listen to "And Justice for Cliff" where someone basically mixed it the way it should be.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi

Dude there’s an entire instrument/person on the album that you cant even hear.. that’s not just some minor thing to complain about, I see that as a huge problem... it’s like bad production just for the sake of egotistic stupidity, with no genuine artistic reason behind it.. lo-fi CAN be good, actually.

Well there's a whole story about that, but pretty much Lars told the mixing guy to drown out the bass so it doesn't sound right at all. Go listen to "And Justice for Cliff" where someone basically mixed it the way it should be.

Jason*

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
How dare someone expect decent engineering and mixing from the most mainstream metal band of all time!

At the time of AJFA they were hardly the most mainstream. That argument could definitely be made for the subsequent album but AJFA is a fucking beast.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
At the time of AJFA they were hardly the most mainstream. That argument could definitely be made for the subsequent album but AJFA is a fucking beast.

I’m pretty sure Metallica was pretty damn huge already when AJFA came out, correct me if I’m wrong...

the title track of AJFA is probably my favorite Metallica song...

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I’m pretty sure Metallica was pretty damn huge already when AJFA came out, correct me if I’m wrong...

Bass went from too quiet to too loud :keke:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Big among Metal Heads? Yes. Mainstream? Not even close, AJFA didn't take off till the video for One hit MTV. Then everyone and their grandmother were wearing their T-Shirts. Personally I think the album is only ok. Ride and Master are leagues above Justice. Megadeth is better than all post Master Metallica. Fite me.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Someone had to start mentioning the Neo library,

Neo Geo beat-em-ups
Sengoku 3 is pretty, but it's so repetitive.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Big among Metal Heads? Yes. Mainstream? Not even close, AJFA didn't take off till the video for One hit MTV. Then everyone and their grandmother were wearing their T-Shirts. Personally I think the album is only ok. Ride and Master are leagues above Justice. Megadeth is better than all post Master Metallica. Fite me.

Megadeth is pretty much better than Metallica in general, I’d have to agree with you there.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, Jason. That's what I get from pulling from my dumb memory instead of double checking on Google.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

is there anything right that lars has ever done?. i've never come across a good decision for the band that came from lars.

there were some producers that heard some of the early songs that were going to be on the st anger album which they claimed were way better than the songs that actually made it to the album, but were scrapped because lars wasn't satisfied with the songs.

apparently cliff burton always put lars in his place when he ever made a suggestion. and i could see why.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
maxresdefault.jpg
I have a penchant for the decadence that are digitised graphics, I hope they make a comeback