Shit films/games/music that are shit, you know they are shit, but you love them anyway

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Lars is a twat.
But his ego combined with Hetfield's made Metallica the huge pop band it has become henceforth

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Movie wise The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. Would throw up the trailer if I was near a computer, but it's 50's goofy sci-fi done in '01.

Game wise Mr Bones and Incredible Crisis.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Rocky 5: I enjoyed it far more than 4 (least favourite).

Yakuza games: the first entry you play can be a great experience but the rest are just rehashes of each other. Same stock animations, same battles, almost same maps. Yet, I still find myself playing them.

Assassins Creed: same case as the above. Origins looks promising though.

Tales of RPG's: that shit is too anime for my taste, but I played and enjoyed some of the latest entries to some extent.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Films:

Buffalo Soldiers -- It's a real stinker, that never heard of character development and cites Nietzsche, but the late 80's atmosphere captured by Oliver Stapleton keeps me coming back, so do most actors like Ed Harris, Leon Robinson, Dean Stockwell et al.

Nemesis -- A Sci-Fi movie. With Oliver Grunner. He's a "French World Kickboxing Champion and former Commando Marine". Can't help it, I guess.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Rocky 5: I enjoyed it far more than 4 (least favourite).

Yakuza games: the first entry you play can be a great experience but the rest are just rehashes of each other. Same stock animations, same battles, almost same maps. Yet, I still find myself playing them.

Assassins Creed: same case as the above. Origins looks promising though.

Tales of RPG's: that shit is too anime for my taste, but I played and enjoyed some of the latest entries to some extent.

rocky 5 made it up my list over the years where as rocky 4 went down. 4 was one of my favourite movies as a child, but it's just over the top rambo style action movie.

as for the yakuza series, i wouldn't say it's shit in any way or form or even a guilty pleasure. the series does have its flaws like you mentioned about re-using the same map over again. but the series is more well received than even shenmue was.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Woah there, friend. Let's not say something we don't really mean.

Notice how I didn't say pre AJFA. I couldn't get into anything past Master to be honest. Dave and Co. still cranked out speed metal for a couple more years while still staying technical. Metallica was on the way to mainstream. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, they made tons of money, but it just wasn't what my 13 year old self wanted to hear at the time.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Those shitheads haven't produced anything worth listening to in 30 years.

true but they light cigars with 100 dollar bills and eat caviar out of platter made from baby skulls. the interest in money was never more evident than when they took down Napster

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Remember when they turned into an alt rock band? Feels they never left that phase.

Glad Priest and Maiden are still around.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
true but they light cigars with 100 dollar bills and eat caviar out of platter made from baby skulls. the interest in money was never more evident than when they took down Napster

And Victoria's Secret. And a fucking car tire company. And an 8 year old.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Anyone ever played Mr. Bones on sega saturn?

Everything about that game is gold-gilded shit, covered in shit that's also ironically gilded.