MVS-2 Monitor Replacement for Hitachi 24"

Hey peeps, I have a Neo Geo MVS-2. The screen is going bad and has a really bad Street Fighter Alpha Burn in it.

I am considering replacing it with a 24 Inch Hitachi Arcade Monitor. Would this work or match the current size? I keep coming across the stock MVS-2 Monitor being a 25 inch. Would I have any issues installing?

I forgot if a 24 Inch Japanese Monitor is a 25 American or 23.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
The monitors in 25" Japanese cabs have a 23" viewable screen which means a 59 cm phosphor screen diagonal (the tube numbering starts with A59). An American 25" is bigger as it's in fact a 26" with a 25" viewable screen which means a 63 cm phosphor screen diagonal (the tube numbering starts with A63) and it will not fit the cab. The problem is that with very few exceptions 25" (23V) is not really used in the US either for arcade cabs or TVs so you'll have a hard time finding one. As for the "24 Inch Hitachi Arcade Monitor" you mention, you would need to check the tube number to see if it's usable or not.

Last edited:
I see, the tube number for the Hitachi is a A59LAS10X. I have the MVS-2 "Big Red" and do not know which monitors to look for when in search for a replacement.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
In that case you need a US 25" monitor (tube numbered A63), easy to find. If it's a Wells Gardner K7000 and the chassis is good, a tube off a 25" TV should be fine.