Best Shmups and Fighters on XBox360

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
What are your favorite Fighters and Shmups on the XBox360? I'm going to reobtain one after my old one rrod'ed out.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I’m a big fan of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, the port of MOTW is pretty decent too.
Of course, there’s also Ultra Street Fighter IV & KOF XIII, SF III: 3rd Strike Online Edition and Darksralkers Resurrection.
Those are some of my fave fighters on the 360.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
What region console? Make sure the imports you are getting work on your console, some are region free, others aren't.
Look here for shmup region/releases https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23501

Besides all the CAVE games, Eschatos, Under Defeat, Raiden Fighters Aces, and Raiden 4 are good too.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Great input so far - thx guys!
I already own KoFXIII and SFIII 3rd strike - DS ressurection is on my interest list.
I thought about picking up some boxed games too - are the good shmups something like holy import grails or can you grab the stuff for a decent price?

Edit: I have a standard Euro Region console

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Great input so far - thx guys!
I already own KoFXIII and SFIII 3rd strike - DS ressurection is on my interest list.
I thought about picking up some boxed games too - are the good shmups something like holy import grails or can you grab the stuff for a decent price?

Edit: I have a standard Euro Region console

Some are reasonable, some are not.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Deathsmiles, Raiden Aces and Raiden IV are solid entries. I'd check if the Cave imports are playable on a PAL system.

Fighters you have the excellent Mortal Kombat 9, USF4, KOF XIII, and Ultimate MVC 3 unless you went with the PS4/Bone version.

Chempop

Euro Region console

That somewhat limits what is available, but there are still plenty of choices if you like CAVE.
Region free/EU releases you might want to start with:

Mushihimesama Futari (JPN)
Deathsmiles (PAL)
Dodonpachi Resurrection (PAL)
(not CAVE)
Under Defeat (PAL)
Eschatos (JPN)

Those should last you a while, then if you need more there is:

ESPGALUDA 2 (standard edition JPN)
Akai Katana (PAL or US)
Muchimuchi Pork/Pink Sweets (JPN)
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou (JPN)

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I had a lot of fun with Eschatos. That is a super fun shooter. Under Defeat HD is great too and is available digitally. Not sure if Ketsui is region free or not (I have a Japanese 360), but that is a fantastic game as well.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Get yourself a JP console if you are into shmups. Period. The initial costs might be high for it but you needn't worry about region lock anymore and you can enjoy the whole library to the full extent of the jam ;)

My personal recommendation: Mushihimesama HD. One of the best games Cave has put out and the 360 has the definitive version (unless you are into PCBs).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
My personal recommendation: Raiden Fighters Aces. You get three games in one package and pure comfort in service options: 360° tate, multiple resolutions, auto-saving scores, boss rushes, silly achievements etc. etc. ...and the games? Gorgeous in their own brutal way, bloody addictive as well.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
My personal recommendation: Raiden Fighters Aces. You get three games in one package and pure comfort in service options: 360° tate, multiple resolutions, auto-saving scores, boss rushes, silly achievements etc. etc. ...and the games? Gorgeous in their own brutal way, bloody addictive as well.

Not to mention it's cheap as well

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Not to mention it's cheap as well

It's funny, the two games we got in the states were stupid cheap. At one point you could get RFA for like 5 bucks at gamestop and Akai Katana for 12.
Now Raiden is average 40 bucks. So silly.

Chempop

Yup, and games like Bullet Soul Infinite Burst are listed for hundreds, because the only people who bought it were resellers/flippers lmao.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Omega Five is a lot of fun, and you really can't go wrong with Galaga Legions. Never played Galaga Legions 2, so it may be better. But GL1 is really really good.

Also, Radiant Silvergun HD is worth a pick up.

Chempop

Also, Radiant Silvergun HD is worth a pick up.

Good call, almost forgot about the digital only releases. Guwange isn't the best port but worth the $10-15(?) and Strania is very neat and unique title from G-Rev.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Deathsmiles is good and cheap, can still be had for around $15

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
It's funny, the two games we got in the states were stupid cheap. At one point you could get RFA for like 5 bucks at gamestop and Akai Katana for 12.
Now Raiden is average 40 bucks. So silly.

Really? I wasn't aware it spiked so quickly, as I thought it was one of the cheaper ones.

Also geometry wars is a great two stick shooter for quick arcadey fun

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Really? I wasn't aware it spiked so quickly, as I thought it was one of the cheaper ones.

Also geometry wars is a great two stick shooter for quick arcadey fun

I think most of them are a little harder to find because most of the people who bought them want to keep them. I’ve owned a 360 a couple years and have yet to find a copy of Deathsmiles in any store. I wouldn’t say they are rare, just traded in less

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, Deathsmiles sat on store shelves not selling for quite a while. I remember places having a hard time selling even the CE's for like $15.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Probably should have mentioned Omega Five and Galaga Legions are download only.

Last edited:

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was a really good game. Echoing KoF13 as well. If you're into anime games, the P4 ones were surprisingly fun, if flawed.