Hardcore Metal Fans Get Your Ass In Here!!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Always been a fan of folk-metal from strange places with strange instruments.

So here's a surprisingly decent Mongolian band (from Beijing, China) that uses indigenous throat singing, the horsehead fiddle, and sometimes I hear the erhu as well(?)

This song is nice overall, but I love the part @2:43

And these two songs are pretty fucking sweet as well....if they ever make another Samurai Shodown, they should hire these guys for the soundtrack...

This song is decent as well...I'd say the highlight of it is at 2:53ish?

icon35.gif:buttrock:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Just saw Judas Priest. Steel Panther opened, it was ok (lots of boobs on stage!).

Judas Priest were SO GOOD. So many jud juds from the guitars. I loved it. Rob Halford still sounds amazing.

New album they were supporting:

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I don't think i'd consider any of those bands Metal. More like Rock and Roll or Hard Rock.

I've been on a Saxon and Manowar kick lately

You could say that some Queen is folk-rock.
But, come on! AC-DC and Rainbow are more metal than Saxon! ;) And Man-o-war owes a lot to Rainbow.

I'm not really into Man-o-war. I don't really get them TBH. I liked 'Blow your speakers' in a guilty pleasures sort of way, but OMD they are soooooo camp!

I liked Saxon back in the day.
Well, I liked Wheels of Steel.

What do you think of Nazareth?

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't think i'd consider any of those bands Metal. More like Rock and Roll or Hard Rock.

Although I agree mostly, I feel like Rainbow does both metal and hard rock and also most importantly Neo Classical, which is a thing, I mean Malmsteem came from that and so have countless others.

As far as Manowar goes, let's go back to the days of glory!

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Just saw Judas Priest. Steel Panther opened, it was ok (lots of boobs on stage!).

Judas Priest were SO GOOD. So many jud juds from the guitars. I loved it. Rob Halford still sounds amazing.

New album they were supporting:

I'm curious if you like early priest. Sad wings of destiny and sin after sin are actually my favorite priest albums. Amazing vocals.

For posterity :

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Oh yeah, and my list (in no order)

Protest the hero
Priestess
Between the buried and me
Judas priest
Mastodon

Also, I'm gonna plug a band you all know but most have never really heard. Please give it a listen. Lizzy is my fucking shit.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Sad Wings of Destiny all day for me. I think that the new album is ok and so is the previous one, but Angel of Retribution is so much better as is the first Halford Solo album (Not Fight, although I like War of Words).

Painkiller reigns supreme though, the perfect heavy metal album, there's just no better, you can't top that raw speed of sound power! No one has come close to painkiller yet, not even maiden but then again Priest was the first full time act so they always deliver, all their albums are good, even Point of Entry, you know you love Desert Plains, anyway. Sad Wings of Destiny such an amazing album and one of the greatest album cover ever. Deceiver, right up there with Planet Caravan for me.

Good to see awesome shit for a change from the under produced Nordic cookie cutter stuff.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Sad Wings of Destiny all day for me. I think that the new album is ok and so is the previous one, but Angel of Retribution is so much better as is the first Halford Solo album (Not Fight, although I like War of Words).

Painkiller reigns supreme though, the perfect heavy metal album, there's just no better, you can't top that raw speed of sound power! No one has come close to painkiller yet, not even maiden but then again Priest was the first full time act so they always deliver, all their albums are good, even Point of Entry, you know you love Desert Plains, anyway. Sad Wings of Destiny such an amazing album and one of the greatest album cover ever. Deceiver, right up there with Planet Caravan for me.

Good to see awesome shit for a change from the under produced Nordic cookie cutter stuff.

Honestly outside of a couple of songs, I didn't really care for Angels of Retribution (Deal with the Devil was the shit). Big letdown for the much anticipated follow up to greatness that was Painkiller. I didn't really like Nostredamus much either. Pretty much lost faith in Priest until this new album which is the shit. Its probably the most varied Priest album I've ever heard. From to song I feel like this track feels like it could have been on Painkiller, or British Steel, or Stained Class etc...and it doesn't feel forced either.

I still haven't heard the whole but out of like 12 tracks or so, its great.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I actually think Deal with the Devil is the weakest song along with Wheels of Fire but I still like them, the rest are great! Everyone has their different reasons they like Priest, you know, different albums, different moods, different attitudes, Priest has done it all as far as metal goes. Gotta give it to priest for staying relevant and great through out the years, even the Ripper albums were decent enough.

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
How do you guys feel about ghost? They grow on me the more I listen to them. Pretty good live (unfortunately I saw them live before I got into the music).

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
witness.jpg

Nabbed this today. Love the album art. Can't wait to listen to it tomorrow. Need to hook up that old turntable.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Transcending Australian Funeral Doom. Recommended - these fellas have been playing together since the early '90's.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
More Australian Funeral Doom.

(pretty certain I've posted this one before)