My crown jewels

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
SO some haters been saying I'm a fakemadman. It's not cool, I'm everybit as much a big tymer collector as anyone else here. And I can prove it.

And so, I've decided to share my crown jewels with the rest of the world. I can guarentee that I am the only one on th3 forum with these rare items in my possession.

I'm not going to show them all off at once, as to do so might put me at higher risk of criminals and fraudsters who would stop at nothing to get their hands on my holy of holies.

I start with my one off Special Edition of Final Fantasy VIII which I got at Ingliston market in the late 1990's.

image3.jpeg

If you look closely, the disc's are a rare print which doesn't even say Playstation on them. But of course you already know you play them on the Playstation silly! Instead of disc 1, 2, 3 & 4 it says disc A, B, C, D. Amazing! But it's the back that really takes your breath away.

image1.jpeg

I know, SILVER BACKS! All other Playstation games are black, APART from these. It's finds like these which bring a tear to my eye as a collector. Sadly there is a very minor scratch on the back of disc B (you will barely notice it), but hopefully this will not hurt the value of my investment too much.

I can't find anything online suggesting why this copy of Final Fantasy VIII has silver backs. But I'll speculate that this version was made by Square to commerate the game going platnium in terms of sales value. But then a jealous Nintendo employee stole these dics since the Final Fantasy series which started on Nintendo was not being made for the N64. It ended up in Scotland for protection as the jealous Nintendo employee thought no one in Scotland had electricity, let alone a TV and a Playstation. Lucky for me he was wrong.

I'm afraid it's not for sale so please don't even ask. But I value the gaming community and know that a treat such as this shouldn't be kept to oneself. That is why I am proposing a fundraiser afterwhich I'll release the ISO's to the Internet. I think that is only fair to share the item but at the same time not undo the value of the investement. Once it reaches $5000, I'll release the ISOs.

I also have rare Megadrive, Mega CD, Gameboy items to show off. I also own a Lotus sports car, which I can show you but it's not really gaming related. Let me know which you'd like to see next and I'll see what I can do!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Fake madman tries so hard to be on my level.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Fake madman tries so hard to be on my level.

Oh come on now. I didn't troll your collection thread so you could at least be civil in mine. Remember what Thumper says in Bambi...

thumper-cant-say-something-nice.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
SO some haters been saying If you look closely Sadly there is a very minor scratch on the back of disc B (you will barely notice it)but at the same time not undo the value of the investement.

That'll Buff Right Out!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The only way I got to play basically anything was buying copies at the local market.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D
learn something new everyday.
never seen those presses before. (dump via cloneCD then generate rom hashtags and compare them online if you haven't done so, to be sure the disk integrity is intact at the time of dumping. disk rot is no joke.)
i'm curious to know if the data on the disks is any different to the standard black retail presses.
it's easy to see the camera doesn't do the image justice, i use a psp and it's pretty similar effect.
anyway, great share. :p
[edit]
keys.

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Do you also have a collection of Son May soundtracks?

Sadly not, but I do have a super rare taiwan Gameboy. It's so rare infact, that Nintendo didn't even put their name on it.

image1(3).jpeg

Nintendo knew that other regions would be jealous since this was the only model to have a backlight screen, and a clicky d-pad. They decided not to put their name on it on fear of a public backlash.

It is however, geniunely, the ultimate Gameboy Colour. Colour is even spelled correctly on it! (Color = not real English).

I've also got a Grail of a cartridge that has all the Pokemon, Zelda and Harvest Moon Gameboy games on it. W00t.

image2(1).jpeg

You can only find this Gameboy in poor countries like China, Russia & the USA. So I'd recommend importing one if you are from the developed world.

More grails soon, once I have taken them out of secure storage.

Last edited:

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
I saw a copy of Vampire Savior like this for sale at a convention once. I had no idea what console it was for, since it was listed nowhere on the shoddily light-scribed disc or computer printout disc inserts. I even asked the guy running that booth if he knew what it was for. He had no idea.

...So that must mean it was an incredibly rare pressing, right?! I know Capcom's had some shoddy dealings with console makers in the past so they probably didn't feel comfortable about putting any of their logos on it, or even write them on the disk in Sharpie! They just couldn't take that risk! Better leave that to the consumer, amirite?

Man, at $10 I still kick myself for passing that up. In the ass.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Following my dear friend Amiga’s lead, here is some nice gin, a copy of the Orange box, and a (rare) megadrive.

C0BBC7D0-4ECB-4AEC-B23F-524B5240C2A7.jpeg

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Aaaand a picture that hurts my fucking neck. Nice.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
There can’t be a fake madman. One Madman is enough

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Shouldn't these be called your Honours, coming from Rab C Nesbit land?

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
your dugtrios nickname is funny

Sweet haul buddy!