SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Announced for Switch

Yoshi

20 Year Member

I knew the half digital someone joked about earlier in this thread was plausible.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's weird how one half of SNK is doing things extremely well, and the other half is making miniature pieces of shit.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Why couldn't all of these games just be on the game card itself? All of these Switch games having half on the card and other half having to be downloaded is annoying. I'll probably pick this up when it's around the $20 mark.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
All of these Switch games having half on the card and other half having to be downloaded is annoying.

+1
I understand why it may not be worth it to incur the cost of the higher capacity switch card for large games like NBA, Mega Man X collection, etc, but in this case it doesn’t feel like it makes much sense.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Walked into my local game shop and the person doing inventory knew exactly which game I wanted. Been playing POW, Psycho Soldier, and Ikari III. I hardly played Ikari games before, but Ikari III is a real gem. I love the hand to hand combat in addition to the knife and gun parts.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
My Collector's Edition will be here tomorrow. The day after Hitman 2 officially launches and the same day that Fallout 76 launches is not the best timing, but I'm still excited.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
+1
I understand why it may not be worth it to incur the cost of the higher capacity switch card for large games like NBA, Mega Man X collection, etc, but in this case it doesn’t feel like it makes much sense.

If they can fit BOTW on a single card they can easily fit all the megaman x games, and all the main series games on one card. Could probably fit all the Legends games on there too.

They probably just cheap out and put the game on a switch cart with like 100mb on it, cause their cheap greedy bastards.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Holy shit. I can't believe how little the game play area is vs the specialized borders. If I play it in portable mode the screen size is straight up a 1:1 og game boy .

Side note. Was playing the NES version of guerilla war and for the first time since I have owned a switch, the game completely froze up and crashed. I guess they nailed the true NES experience.

37JjC6y.jpg

edit: found the zoom. its hidden. lol.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Holy shit. I can't believe how little the game play area is vs the specialized borders. If I play it in portable mode the screen size is straight up a 1:1 og game boy .

Side note. Was playing the NES version of guerilla war and for the first time since I have owned a switch, the game completely froze up and crashed. I guess they nailed the true NES experience.

37JjC6y.jpg

Holy shit that screen real estate is damn small. I'm assuming it's the same on docked mode?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Holy shit that screen real estate is damn small. I'm assuming it's the same on docked mode?

Like I said on the edit- I found the zoom, but it's kind of hidden. Much more playable now.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Like I said on the edit- I found the zoom, but it's kind of hidden. Much more playable now.

Yeah, when I have it in portable mode I definitely press the minus button and adjust the zoom settings.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Click the unlabeled zoom settings that just says 'sharpness'.

Mutation

Super Sidekicks 3
In museum section, there is an incomplete list of SNK games where some infos about Micon Kit (taken from VGdensetsu) are displayed.
How many Micon Kit games were released ? Were they a kind of compilation ?

The jap reseller Beep sold a Space Micon Kit Table some time ago.

Kid Fenris

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member

The same thing happened to me; Guerrilla War kept crashing in the same spot in the first stage, when that truck rolls across the screen. Closing and rebooting the entire collection seemed to fix it, though.

Crystalis was the big reason I wanted this, and I'm having a blast replaying it on the Switch. This version has some visual glitches, but the developer promised to fix that in the update with the bonus games.

Last edited:

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
The free 11 game update is out. Beast Buster's has an auto-centering recticule, which is a bit off putting at first. Can't think of any other lightgun game off the top of my head that opts for that when using a controller. SAR is awesome as usual, sliding John Woo style never gets old. Paddle Mania ended up not being a complete throw away title that I thought it would.

Seems they implimented a slight change in the control scheme for the rotary stick games featured in the new update. It's hard to describe, they made it so your character automatically faces in the direction you press on the left stick unless you override it with a movement on the right stick. It's just a tiny, subtle change, but I like it so far and wish they applied it to the other rotary stick games.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Lets hope we get a Hyper 64 collection. Would love some Buriki One.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
My game list doesn’t seem to have SAR. Does everybody else’s?

Two have to be downloaded for free from the nintendo eshop beyond the update for whatever reason. I remember beast busters was one of them, SAR may be the other one.