SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Announced for Switch

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm just happy too see baseball stars announced for switch =)

Fett

Camel Slug
They're gonna have to add a lot more games from 90's to get my 39.99.

Fett

Camel Slug
I don't think he's old enough to remember most of these games anyway.

I'm old, but not that old (38). The first SNK game I played was samsho 1, and my fandom has been mostly Neo based since.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm old, but not that old (38). The first SNK game I played was samsho 1, and my fandom has been mostly Neo based since.

No Ikari Warriors?
Athena?
Alpha Mission?
Did you not have a NES growing up?

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Has anyone heard when they are going to announce more titles on the compilation? I love Neo Geo but I'm super stoked that the pre Neo SNK games are finally getting some much needed and deserved love!

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It’s 32 bucks if you preorder with Prime. I wonder if they will try to use both sticks for the rotary games in some fashion. Ikari warriors would probably be a lot easier if it handled like smash tv with a second stick just for directional shooting.

I almost forgot about the Prime preorder discount!

I’d be more excited for this collection if I enjoy using the switch Joycon’s (lack of) dpad. Those 4 hard dots just rip up my thumb.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I almost forgot about the Prime preorder discount!

I’d be more excited for this collection if I enjoy using the switch Joycon’s (lack of) dpad. Those 4 hard dots just rip up my thumb.
Yeah, I got the cheap wired Hori pad for just that reason.

I'll also probably get an adapter to use my joystick on the Switch.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Kinda want for Crystalis and Prehistoric Isle alone. Also Ikari ofc. Is this confirmed a no go for ps4?

saner

Krauser's Henchman
just because Switch is starving for games and has no competition doesnt mean they should skip the massive PS4 market for this 40th anniversary collection.

well SNK heroines is not Switch exclusive so perhaps PS4 could get the collection. the Athena games would be amazing on PS4. especially with PS4 being able to save screenshots, record videos, and upload them to facebook/youtube/etc., even stream SNK games live.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Looks like a couple titles have been announced as free post-launch DLC, including Time Soldiers. I'm in.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Looks like a nice collection with the supporting material. Wish they had something like this as a ubiquitous library format and had it available on all platforms... And sold the complete snk library in packs or per game as and when they added games to it...unfortunately there's probably a complete mess of license agreements now across all platforms that even if they wanted to do it it can't happen... But yeah this does look like a nice effort and it'll be cool for get a couple more on the backend. Want a ps4/pc version but not going to hold my breath...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I would say the chances of seeing it on other platforms are pretty slim, unless they take out the NES games (long story short, I think Nintendo has licensing rights on NES / SNES games to some extent).

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Time Soldiers is worth the price of entry alone. Games like TS and Heavy Barrel were always classics.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I would say the chances of seeing it on other platforms are pretty slim, unless they take out the NES games (long story short, I think Nintendo has licensing rights on NES / SNES games to some extent).

I don't believe they do... you wouldn't be able to use snes/nes/nintendo branding of course - Nintendo may have been a complete troll over manufacturing costs and physical production rights, but the games remained snk's afaik. The limitation imho is that such a niche product wouldn't warrant any more cost/time/effort - I'm sure they believe their audience who would pay (well) for the product will both find, and want it, on the switch.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Nah, Rare's NES games are on the Xbone. Poorly emulated, I might add.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Looks like Beast Buster's will be included, I wonder if it supports some kind of Joycon pointing? Awesome regardless.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Looks like Beast Buster's will be included, I wonder if it supports some kind of Joycon pointing? Awesome regardless.

Great idea! Emulating the ability to point and shoot with the joycons would definitely be awesome :buttrock: