SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Announced for Switch

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Three of the games are on the card, the others will be all digital.
God damn it. This is what I get for buying before I read. I have no issue with digital, but I don't expect compilations to be mixed media.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I think he's joking. There's no reason all of these tiny ass games wouldn't fit on a card.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
God damn it. This is what I get for buying before I read. I have no issue with digital, but I don't expect compilations to be mixed media.

I think he's joking. There's no reason all of these tiny ass games wouldn't fit on a card.

Yea just funnin' it's like Bayo 1 and 2 could fit on a card but they decided against it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Looking good, hope its quality level will match my expectations. Always wanted to try out Crystalis. Alpha Mission is nice, too.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Yea just funnin' it's like Bayo 1 and 2 could fit on a card but they decided against it.

That might've bumped them up to a bigger card size though and cut into margins. All of these should fit on the smallest card size offered, so there's no reason not to put them all on there.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That might've bumped them up to a bigger card size though and cut into margins. All of these should fit on the smallest card size offered, so there's no reason not to put them all on there.

Dragon quest whatever was on one of the biggest cards. Both games were full retail. Really should have been done. Especially considering NINTENDO BANKROLLED THE SECOND GAME.

I'm really pleased to see this get announced. I love the Switch, it's the first machine I've been able to persuade other people to play on in years. Not sure of my chances of getting anyone to play P.O.W. with me but you never know. Anyone know if there is any word of the collectors addition coming to the UK?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Only 3 games on the card with the rest digital? I'd pass on this shit in a heartbeat if it was true.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm really pleased to see this get announced. I love the Switch, it's the first machine I've been able to persuade other people to play on in years. Not sure of my chances of getting anyone to play P.O.W. with me but you never know. Anyone know if there is any word of the collectors addition coming to the UK?

nice avatar

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Day one for Guerrilla War alone, love the FC version and really want to try the arcade version. Hoping they throw in SAR: Search and Rescue too.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Those games will all be on a card 100%, I mean come on how big are they all together? 100MB?

I hope they announce the rest of the games in the collection soon, is anyone here going to pick up the limited edition?

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
What the hell is with those prices? 120$ for SNK Heroines which I dont care one bit but still 120$ LOL and SNK 40 Anniversary for 65$ plus shipping :(
Also I don't think buying this and supporting SNK will get us any closer to SNK releasing new Metal Slug or something cool like that maybe I just save my money and buy Sonic Mania physical copy for 30$ even thou I already own that game..

I’m totally in for the limited editionof the SNK 40th the regular version is already $39.99 so $60 is worth it for me.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I hope they announce the rest of the games in the collection soon, is anyone here going to pick up the limited edition?

I picked up the limited as I'm a sucker for soundtracks and art books. I just dislike SNKs shipping rates but it's not much different than buying a new full price game anyways. I'm just glad it's a collection of their earlier stuff and not a rehash of previously weak compilations.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Someone wake me up when they have a full game list.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
Well damn.

I am not looking to buy a switch anytime soon, though. Maybe one day, and this will be $10 by that time, ahahahaha /poor

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
It’s 32 bucks if you preorder with Prime. I wonder if they will try to use both sticks for the rotary games in some fashion. Ikari warriors would probably be a lot easier if it handled like smash tv with a second stick just for directional shooting.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
They might as well throw a 50kb Iron Tank in there. I'm sure they can make some room.

Totino

n00b
I'm tempted to snag this up. It just kills me when they do the digital downloads when I know they can fit them all on a card.

It's like when I bought the Sonic collectors edition that only had a digital download... Only for them to come out 6 months later with the game on a card... Like what the hell, get your act together. I've been boycotting physical digital releases.

Some cool items with this edition though.

Last edited:

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Not interested.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1524204255219.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524204255219.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited: