SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Announced for Switch

GhostSeed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
10 Year Member
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/06/snk-reveals-snk-40th-anniversary-collection-nintendo-switch/

The Nintendo Switch is going to be getting a compilation of SNK games. During SNK’s PAX East 2018 panel, the company revealed SNK 40th Anniversary Collection. Digital Eclipse will be developing, with each game upscaled to 1080p, allow you to save, have optional cheats, and will offer both arcade and console versions of some games. The compilation will come to the Nintendo Switch in Fall 2018.

A preliminary list of SNK 40th Anniversary Collection games was revealed. The following will be included.

Alpha Mission (both arcade and home versions)
Athena (both arcade and home versions)
Crystalis
Ikari Warriors (both arcade and home versions)
Ikari III: The Rescue (both arcade and home versions)
Guerilla War (both arcade and home versions)
P.O.W. (both arcade and home versions)
Prehistoric Isle in 1930
Psycho Soldier
Street Smart
TNK III (both arcade and home versions)
Vanguard
Victory Road (both arcade and home versions)

+ More games to be announced

There will also be a SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition. An image was shown during the panel. It will include a book and soundtrack CD.

snk.png

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Awesome. I just got this email from the snk online store. Just preordered a copy, but I’m surprised there is no ps4 version listed like they did for snk heroines. It's cool to see this compilation of older snk titles on something other than the previous japan psp exclusive SNK Arcade Classics 0 collection.

The museum mode sounds interesting too if it contains unseen production art from many of the early titles:

SNK Museum - An extensive history of SNK and its games await in the Museum Mode. Explore the legacy of one of Japan’s leading developers with high definition artwork and original promotional assets!

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I got the email and was coming to share as well. I'm in for one, though I hate the shipping cost.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
lol, I guess it's time to buy a switch! I've been thinking about this for a while. Can't wait to see what games will be added.

I wonder if they know what kind of following SNK/NeoGeo has...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
their pre-neo geo games are kinda shitty though.

mistahsnart

New Challenger
Nice to see something that's not just a Neo-Geo pack retread. I'll be picking this up.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I’ve always wanted to try the original Prehistoric Isle... shame there’s no PlayStation version.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Will there be a non-collectard edition without a useless book and CD of shitty 1980s video game music?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Crystalis was great, but once the dungeons became endless mind fuck mazes, I lost interest and followed a walkthrough. Still planning to get that collection for Guerilla War and P.O.W. though.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Preordered a copy,More SNK stuff please:)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Loved Psycho Soldier and played the hell out of it. Got to the point where I not only could 1cc the game...I could finish it with one LIFE! Still own the original PCB of it.

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Grabbed one of the CEs as well. Will be cool to have a compilation with such a wide range of releases. They'd better not do a digital download code on this...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Grabbed one of the CEs as well. Will be cool to have a compilation with such a wide range of releases. They'd better not do a digital download code on this...

Three of the games are on the card, the others will be all digital.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Never played most these games before, cool that I can give them a try.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Never played most these games before, cool that I can give them a try.

I like that there are arcade and home versions, pre-ordered the CE. Wonder what else they're going to announce that will be on here as well? I'm hoping not the usual regurgitation of Fatal Fury, KOF 94, and Art of Fighting.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Great to see some variety and non Neo Geo titles in the pack. Every day it gets more tempting to pick up a Switch.