Supergun Pro Gamer by Retro Eletronik for MVS. Any thoughts?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah I saw it, but the last post is more than 2 years old ... If madman says that it's still available it must be because it's posted somewhere recently, but I can't find it. I wrote to RGB on shmups, I'll see. Thanks !

It's available, I just got my shipping notification from him that mine shipped. The link ChuChu provided was updated within the last 2 weeks if you look at the edit information.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
It's available, I just got my shipping notification from him that mine shipped. The link ChuChu provided was updated within the last 2 weeks if you look at the edit information.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out ! I checked the edit date, but only on the first line, I didn't see there was many updates.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think that back when everyone was using CRT's it was the wild west of superguns where anything goes.

Now that everyone has digital TV's, upscalers and scart switches, suddenly proper isolation, etc matters a lot more.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Eh, back in those wild west days I think we were all happy just to have it work at home. People are a lot more picky now. I probably couldn't even post a pic of my original CMVS (which was very well made at the time but not current JNX level quality) without people mocking it.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Not to mention my first Supergun was a MAS Supernova that took up half the living room + GIANT US style sticks. I kinda' miss that. S-Video was the bee's knees

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I probably couldn't even post a pic of my original CMVS (which was very well made at the time but not current JNX level quality) without people mocking it.
Was it housed inside a modified SNES case?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Was it housed inside a modified SNES case?
Heh, not that bad. It was a MV1FZ mounted to what I'm pretty sure was a small cutting board. The wires were coated in hot glue where it was soldered to the jamma edge.

It was actually quite well made but certain autists would rage these days.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
So after a few months of using this, I gotta say that it works but it's a total nightmare for games with kick-harnesses simply because there's no way to remap controls.

So for Street Fighter games, when using the genesis controller, the punches are mapped to ABC and kicks to X-Y-Z, it's a real fucking bitch.

I just dug out my MK3 board and high punche/kicks are mapped to A and C, low kick, run and low punches to X-Y-Z. It's impossible to do anything right because it goes away 20 years of playing mk3.

If there was a simple way to switch the inputs for ABC and XYZ, everything would be perfect.

The Supergun works alright for neogeo or other games that dont require 6 buttons.

The creator went for some weird custom db15 neogeo format so it seems that you can't use the undamned usb decoders, from what I have read online.

this, combined with the fact that the creator is ignoring emails makes this supergun a wasted opportunity.

RGB's supergun looks amazing, and is compatible with that undamened usb controller, so remapping controls would be a breeze. Unfortunately, he just posted that the next batch is going to be "much later this year". I guess I'm stuck for now..

;
i miss my old cabinets, I didnt have to deal with this half assed stuff :(

Last edited:

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
So after a few months of using this, I gotta say that it works but it's a total nightmare for games with kick-harnesses simply because there's no way to remap controls.

So for Street Fighter games, when using the genesis controller, the punches are mapped to ABC and kicks to X-Y-Z, it's a real fucking bitch.

I just dug out my MK3 board and high punche/kicks are mapped to A and C, low kick, run and low punches to X-Y-Z. It's impossible to do anything right because it goes away 20 years of playing mk3.

If there was a simple way to switch the inputs for ABC and XYZ, everything would be perfect.

The Supergun works alright for neogeo or other games that dont require 6 buttons.

The creator went for some weird custom db15 neogeo format so it seems that you can't use the undamned usb decoders, from what I have read online.

this, combined with the fact that the creator is ignoring emails makes this supergun a wasted opportunity.

RGB's supergun looks amazing, and is compatible with that undamened usb controller, so remapping controls would be a breeze. Unfortunately, he just posted that the next batch is going to be "much later this year". I guess I'm stuck for now..

;

If you got it off ebay you can get a refund. Youll have to let the time run out on the case as the seller wont respond which is good for you.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

;

Ya the flipped kicks and punches are stupid. I had to make an adapter to flip the buttons for a local friend. Horrible planning on that product.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Eh, back in those wild west days I think we were all happy just to have it work at home. People are a lot more picky now. I probably couldn't even post a pic of my original CMVS (which was very well made at the time but not current JNX level quality) without people mocking it.

Actually for the sake of history, I'd love to see it. I feel like mine is a bit dated. I still like the overall construction, but some of the stylistic choices feel old now and I sort of wish I had done some things differently. I'm re-building it now since the board got fried but I think I'm going to essentially do it the same. Maybe my next one will be totally different. I still feel like nobody has done a wood CMVS in a way that is worthy of the material, I might give it a try and try to convert the anti-wood crowd in here.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member

;

Use the undamned USB that has the terminals then you can hook it up as you see fit screw terminal to screw terminal. You can also choose what terminals you want the kick harness by the port or terminals.