Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
White PCE [stock]
Official PSU
SSDS3 Rev. 2
Retrogamingcables.uk JP21 RGB cable
Framemeister
Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SDXC

Very happy with how it works, I'm not hearing any buzzing on my receiver and I have it turned up pretty loud. I hear a tiny access noise when it's loading, but nothing beyond that. Visually, some large solid colors I can see noise in if I get right up on the screen. But I am playing on a 55" and don't notice it.

Update: zero audio buzz after cleaning the hell out of EXT BUS and cables, adapters, etc. All holes and pins ;)

Update2: flipped the C60 cap just because - no difference in video quality. RGB/Composite both tested

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You might want to be careful that the thread guideline police might take issue with you posting your set-up that didn't work in the same post as the set-ups that did.

He's nothing to worry about. Just a noob.

Kirkus

n00b
I'm interested in hearing more details/pics of this cable.

Is that from the dude in Poland or eastern Europe somewhere?

I found a guy while randomly looking for a premium megadrive2 scart cable that sells them out of Poland. User name was thefoo.83, as the ebay link seems to take up 3 solid lines. I was about to pull the trigger on one of his csync cables when I noticed the retro access cables were back in stock(9 as of writing this) and just went with one of those. Thanks to everyone on cable recommendations and the like!

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I found a guy while randomly looking for a premium megadrive2 scart cable that sells them out of Poland. User name was thefoo.83, as the ebay link seems to take up 3 solid lines. I was about to pull the trigger on one of his csync cables when I noticed the retro access cables were back in stock(9 as of writing this) and just went with one of those. Thanks to everyone on cable recommendations and the like!

I ordered three of "thefoo.83"'s cables early on when I was first switching my consoles over to SCART. All three of his cables were garbage - spaghetti-thin cabling, poor build quality (the insulation didn't cover the inner wires near the plug ends), heavy RF interference. I threw them all away.

Granted that was two years ago, but I'd definitely avoid his cables.

SuperGrafx / Unmodified / Stock PSU >> step-down converter
SSDS3 / Rev 2 / Cap-flipped prior to shipment
Samsung EVO Select 256GB Micro SD w/220GB used
Retro-Access CSYNC multicore coax w/metal plated SCART plug
Framemeister / FBX TG16 profile
TCL S405 / Yamaha DPL Surround HTIAB

Have only played a couple of games so far, but I made sure to try Valis 2 - no issues with video or audio, even with the volume turned up louder than I'd usually play it at.

I have a lot of other equipment I plan on testing with in the next week or so (HD Retrovision cables, OSSC, Sony HD CRT, Sony SD CRT, OEM Gen 2 AV cables, and an older discredited "sync boosted" JP-21 cable from Retro Access). Will post other configurations if they prove to be working.

Last edited: