NG Game of the month April 2018 - Metal Slug 2

Macab0ne

n00b
This looks like great fun! Unfortunately I don't have MS2 yet, its on my list but I doubt Ill have it by the end of the month. Any idea of what game you will be playing for next month? I would love to plan ahead and make sure I have it so I can join you all.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
This looks like great fun! Unfortunately I don't have MS2 yet, its on my list but I doubt Ill have it by the end of the month. Any idea of what game you will be playing for next month? I would love to plan ahead and make sure I have it so I can join you all.

It’s up to the winner this month to decide, you won’t know until it’s all said and done

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Nice video Pask...only think I noticed and I'm no expert is on stage two.

Right after the second miner, you go through the wire gate, start shooting up the ceiling. At least one hostage will drop, maybe more?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,

Right after the second miner, you go through the wire gate, start shooting up the ceiling. At least one hostage will drop, maybe more?

Thanks. That's in X I believe. At least that hostage is there in X, I checked there and he didn't drop in 2.

EDIT: oh man you're right, yep missed that one then.

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Had a decent run at Slug 2 Turbo today, no missed stage 1/2 then sucked it up on stage 3 before ultimately losing on stage 4.

3rGKPoj.png

I'm pretty out of practice, will have to get back in gear.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master

Damn I’ve been missing that one as well, good eye

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Think I found some more hidden POWs - at the end of the first tunnel bit on level 5, just before the big red door - 2 or 3 POWs at the ceiling. You big tymers might already know about those.

Its been a fucking mission breaking 3mil. 2 lives left start of level 6 then died twice in the space of about 15 seconds. Cunts.

Pasky and Panda are not human.

20180414_170553.jpg

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Think I found some more hidden POWs - at the end of the first tunnel bit on level 5, just before the big red door - 2 or 3 POWs at the ceiling. You big tymers might already know about those.

Its been a fucking mission breaking 3mil. 2 lives left start of level 6 then died twice in the space of about 15 seconds. Cunts.

Pasky and Panda are not human.

View attachment 49741

Nice progress dude, go for the clear!

chromesphere

New Challenger
Heres my attempt ("CHR" obviously). Would have done better if i could just finish end of level 2 boss without dumping the mech :( Every, fukn, time...
Cheers

Attachments

• 20180415_230538.jpg
    20180415_230538.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Are you guys playing this on difficulty level 3 or 4? Both the MVS and AES versions of this game default to level 3 difficulty, although most MVS games default to level 4.

My cart has the "Turbo" patch, and I was able to get 1.127 mil so far.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Are you guys playing this on difficulty level 3 or 4? Both the MVS and AES versions of this game default to level 3 difficulty, although most MVS games default to level 4.

My cart has the "Turbo" patch, and I was able to get 1.127 mil so far.

Hmm? When I go straight to soft bios on my battery'less MVS board it's always on level 4 default.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What the shit? Does Turbo start on 3? Maybe it happens from booting in AES mode. Thanks guys.

I will try again on level 4/MVS. It's what I normally play all my games on anyway.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Alright as most of you probably know I try so participation award and all...

1.jpg

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The camel will kill the guy on the barrel and that lets you kill the guys above, then jump on the barrel and shoot the top right of the screen for two hidden hostages.

There are actually 3 hostages there. I usually get them by stepping on the very left border over the barrel, jumping and throwing grenades. One of the hostages gives more grenades, so no problem there for me.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Updated scores, I have one more over 3 that’ll be just under Pandas but still no clear for me.

Joala you are clearly on beast mode, your progress is unbelievable. Hoping to see a couple more all clears before the months out.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Haha yeah Joala deserves the most improved award for sure this month.

Same for me, I'm just grinding towards a clear at this point.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Cheers lol

I'd never played MS for points before so just made sure I was getting all hidden POWs as I could find, keeping the slug at the end of a stage and not using grenades (normal shots can bag heaps more points)

I havent played for few days, constantly restarting after a stupid mistake was getting on my tits. Will crack on again though...

chromesphere

New Challenger
This could take quite a few posts from before I crack 2mil...you guys are inhuman...

Playing MS for points has rekindled my enjoyment of the game. These games of the month are a great idea!

Attachments

• 20180419_224437.jpg
    20180419_224437.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 32