NG Game of the month April 2018 - Metal Slug 2

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Rusty at the game. Did a credit after work after finding out about this from KP earlier. Got to the last stage and died at Allan. Didn't get the slug bonus on stage 3 and 5 because I slug crashed by accident on both lol. I'll try again throughout the month.

lns76B5.jpg

FFS Pasky. Well I better step up my game, maybe I can get spot 5 or 6.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Certainly no big tymer but getting better - 2.6mil

20180410_210424.jpg

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Hey you're back.

I'll check out your crossed swords video.
Beware though, there is a cheater in this competition.

Ya, needed a break. Good to see you're still around!

I’ve been watching your 1cc vid on YouTube for strategies, glad to see you participating

Awesome, I'm glad they can be of help. It's always good to hear people appreciate them, it's why I put them up there.

I may just do a recording of my next score run to give some others a hand at some of the scoring strats, I'm no expert by any means but I know a few of the high scoring secrets, but not all.

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm nowhere near this level of skill, (especially in 1cc, which to be fair to those hit in the backlash, was never really stated in the first post... but I digress) but I do like me some Metal Slug 2. I'll play it a bit, if only for the fun of it. I'm certainly learning a few strategies from the posts in this thread though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm nowhere near this level of skill, (especially in 1cc, which to be fair to those hit in the backlash, was never really stated in the first post... but I digress) but I do like me some Metal Slug 2. I'll play it a bit, if only for the fun of it. I'm certainly learning a few strategies from the posts in this thread though.

You've been on this forum for 4 years. Maybe it's the first time you've checked one of these types of threads, but it goes against common sense to host credit-feeding competitions. How could that ever work?

I suppose in general it is important to always have rules laid out clearly but jeez

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You've been on this forum for 4 years. Maybe it's the first time you've checked one of these types of threads, but it goes against common sense to host credit-feeding competitions. How could that ever work?

I suppose in general it is important to always have rules laid out clearly but jeez
:lolz:

I'm curious if that cat can play better than he can.

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
:lolz:

I'm curious if that cat can play better than he can.

Hey now... who says I'm not actually the cat? I just use this avatar of the giant lobster thing from Metal Slug 3 because... I dunno. Looks tasty.

joala

Some progress, this time without rage quit:
rRHtMmal.jpg

It's at the point now where if I make a small mistake, i have to reset and start again lol.

My neighbours must be wondering what's going on with all the "FUCKING CUUUUUUNT" shouting...

Pasky

rDQOIeI.png

Almost no-miss. Died at the last boss fucking black ufos haha. I recorded the run, gonna post it up here to help guys looking for score strats. I don't know all the secrets and didn't look any up and spoil the fun, I was actually trying some of the Slug X secrets to see if any work, a few do in stage 2, so you'll see me shooting in the air at things and getting nothing cus I'm just checking haha. I didn't milk or anything, just got all the slug bonuses and hostage bonuses but man, freaking last boss death sucks, lost all my hostage count, only got the slug bonus.

Not gonna grind this out anymore, don't feel like losing all the score at the end again haha. Good luck to all.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This is my last score for the month. It was a no miss but lost the slug so no bonus there.

baf3b4d987a2294e90f195e14caf3f3c.jpg

joala

Epic scores fellas.

Have to see that vid pasky

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Seriously good scores going up, and no miss is ridiculous, Panda.

I'm mostly aiming for the scrub clear for personal satisfaction at this point.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Seriously good scores going up, and no miss is ridiculous, Panda.

I'm mostly aiming for the scrub clear for personal satisfaction at this point.

Honestly? It's just luck I think. I got three laser drops on the last boss which just wreck anything. Got in the slug then just mongo'd my way to the end.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Still waiting on your score ASID :)

Trust me, if ASID gets in on this it’s serious competition. Dude crushes everything.

I’m stuck on stage 5, but I can consistently get there with around 2.5 mill. Slowly getting there.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No, KP and Pasky crush everything.

I just give things a good squeeze sometimes.

Pasky

This is by no means a score video or anything, just more along the lines of showing others how I achieved the score. There are insane score strats in this game that involve milking and really boring the game down to a crawl due to the slow timer. I also don't know all of the secrets so I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of score there as well.

(should be done processing in an hour)

joala

This is by no means a score video or anything, just more along the lines of showing others how I achieved the score. There are insane score strats in this game that involve milking and really boring the game down to a crawl due to the slow timer. I also don't know all of the secrets so I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of score there as well.

I like the jumping in/out of the plane slug to avoid bullets on the level 3 boss

I found if you let the archaeologist on level 2 become a zombie then kill him, he usually drops a high point item.

Still getting around 2.6mil, stupid mistakes keep forcing me to reset, losing 20-25 minutes

Fucking addictive playing this for points...

Last edited:

J-P

NEST Puppet

Nice! Will give this another go tonight - you're a machine Pasky.

joala

So close to 3mil!

Got up to the level 5 boss. The changes in speed just make it insane.

20180411_214158.jpg

Last edited: