Rent - Are prices just crazy in California?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Apartments near me start at $450 a month for around 900 sq feet. Honestly if you look, you can rent a similar size house for the same price and get a bit of a yard too.

Like Panda, you can get a nice house for cheap. If you’re willing to move a bit out of the metro even more so. I’ve looked at a few big houses this past year (4000 sq ft or so) within 20-30 min drive that were in the 250-300K range.

I understand the arguments on minimum wage, but really cost of living is so different from state to state I think that pressure should be on those cities/states to up their minimum, not the federal level.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Fuck the states. I pay 480 for a full condo. In a world class city.

NA is a trap

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I understand the arguments on minimum wage, but really cost of living is so different from state to state I think that pressure should be on those cities/states to up their minimum, not the federal level.
Funny story: my city tried to raise our minimum wage. The State government then passed a law pre-empting our minimum wage bill, and stating that no city government in the state could set a minimum wage.