Hi from Borg Collective

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Hi to all folks.
I’m a long time lurker… I always enjoyed Neo Geo and retrogaming in general through emulators, but recently the hardware bug is getting stronger in me. I’m enjoying some FPGA hardware emulation through MiSTer and Super NT and I’m making my mind up a consolized MVS.

I’m considering 3 options now:
  1. Xian Xi’s "OMF" Consolized 1 Slot MVS – PROS: It’s technically unexceptionable with its last UNIBIOS and DFO mod (I would use no encoders, just plain RGB through OSSC) and it’s cheap (perfect combo) – CONS: I don’t like the panda looking case, it would be shipped from USA risking custom fees (I’m in Italy) and he will reopen preorders in June/July... but I want it noooow
  2. Ocelete’s AppleTV style CMVS – PROS: it’s gorgeous, I really love its style, it would be shipped from Europe – CONS: IF and WHEN he will sell one
  3. Analogune CMVS Slim (yes I know, it hasn't a good reputation here) – PROS: I like the black wood case and it’s available right now in Europe (add to cart and buy) – CONS: it’s a little bit outdated (but I would not use the internal encoders, I can easily update the socketed UNIBIOS and I can add quite easily a DFO if I encounter problems with OSSC)
  4. Build one by myself – PROS: it would be cheap and fun – CONS: I'm pretty confident in setting up the electronics, but I fear I would make a mess with the case and my Dremel
So, it’s all for now.

Best regards.
Locutus73

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Save yourself a headache and go with option 1. James is pretty reasonable. If you have a case in mind, ask him if that's something he could work with. His work is top notch.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Option #1 all the way, James work is phenomenal he has done lots of work for me in fact working on something of mine atm. The wait is definitely worth it don't even bother with the other options.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Go with James. The Analogue wooden systems are cheaply made and start coming apart after a few months of use.