Weekly Roundup 3-26-18

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Switch
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim - started my first playthrough ever, and I can see why it's addicting
Rayman Legends
Ultra Street Fighter II

3DS
Donkey Kong Country Returns

-SD-

Camel Slug
Over the last week or two...

Neo•Geo
Metal Slug
Prehistoric Isle 2

Supergun
Demon Front - PGM

PS4 Pro
Dariusburst CS
Megaman 2
Wipeout HD
Rocket League
Dragonball FighterZ

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D
1, baten kaitos - eternal wings and the lost ocean. [ngc]
2, persona4. [ps2]
3, dirge of cerberus. [ps2]
4, r-type - final. [ps2].
not keen on p4 at all, a bit unforgiving in difficulty, a great game on all counts outside the no-save punishment.
nuked my r-type save to restart getting. the 101/99 ships from scratch (the two extra are hidden vessels not listed in the manifest.)

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Super Nintendo
Super Mario World
My son is playing Super Mario Kart

NES
Galaga
Kid Icarus
Donkey Kong, Jr.
Super Mario Bros.
My son is playing Ninja Gaiden and Excitebike

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
SEGA CD:
POPFUL MAIL - I got to world 3 and at this point im pretty disappointed. I kind of pumped this game up in my own mind for years and now that im actually playing it....its an alright game but its not at all what i expected it to be. It feels like a more linear Monster World. Still a cool game but way more of a platformer then an action RPG for sure

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Still playing through M.O.H. Airborne on 360. This is probably my favorite WW2 FPS game on 360 I have played. Also squeezing in some Bonze Adventure PCE.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
3DS
Donkey Kong Country Returns

What do you think of this one? The original DKC trilogy is my favorite games of all time and while this is a nice game it just doesn't control like a DKC game should imo. I think I’ve made it to the spider level and stopped. I can’t play it the same way as the snes games and that just bothers me I guess

I’ve been playing Shovel Knight on 3DS this week. Pretty sweet game so far

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
What do you think of this one? The original DKC trilogy is my favorite games of all time and while this is a nice game it just doesn't control like a DKC game should imo. I think I’ve made it to the spider level and stopped. I can’t play it the same way as the snes games and that just bothers me I guess

I prefer this version to the Wii version. The forced waggle controls were irritating for rolling, which is mapped to a button. I do feel that they didn't think through the controls well enough though, as L/R is mapped to grab (which was simultaneous with rolling and running in the trilogy) and the stupid wind blowing mechanic. I never do it except for where I need to find jigsaw pieces.

I enjoy the challenge though, it's refreshing to play a platformer that doesn't hold your hand too much.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor

Shitty forced motion controls aside, I'd go with the Wii version over the 3DS version for DKCR. 3DS version had a pretty shitty frame rate from what I remember. Not sure if it runs better on the "new" systems though. I got DK Tropical Freeze on the Wii U from Wyo a few months ago and I like it a lot more. Both games aren't nearly as good as the SNES games though imo.

Anyways, Farcry 5 should arrive today so I'm looking forward to that.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm not playing anything at the moment, but a package from GameStop.com should be arriving soon, probably tomorrow (they had one of their 4-$10-games-for-$20 sales, so I scooped up GBA Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Donkey Kong Country 3, Riviera: The Promised Land, and Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land).

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
wasting time with MLB 18 the show on PS4. I may branch off and play Hidden Agenda or FarCry 4 (yes 4. i want to play that before getting 5).

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I'm not playing anything at the moment, but a package from GameStop.com should be arriving soon, probably tomorrow (they had one of their 4-$10-games-for-$20 sales, so I scooped up GBA Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Donkey Kong Country 3, Riviera: The Promised Land, and Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land).

I really enjoyed the art style and premise of Riviera, but the limitdd use weapons really didn't stick well for me. I dislike breakable weapons on games due to the fear of running out of moves in longer dungeons

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm not a fan of breakable/limited use weapons in RPGs either (bad flashbacks from Final Fantasy Legend I & II on the original GB), and I knew that Riviera had them going in, from some reviews I skimmed, but it still seemed different/intriguing enough from other RPGs I've played recently to give it a shot despite that gameplay mechanic. I was torn between getting Riviera or GBA Guilty Gear, so, I figured I'd get more mileage out of the RPG than the fighter, since I've already played several other Guilty Gear titles on other systems in the past, thus, Riviera was what I went with. And if I do end up not liking it, I'm only out $5.

The games came in today's mail like I figured, but, I'm probably going to be too busy tonight, so, I probably won't give any of them a whirl until Friday or this weekend.