Neostore Neo Geo AES Authentication Service

samdiep

n00b
Have anyone use the Neostore authentication service? I send neostore a couple of games for them to authentication paid for it and USPS tracking said it was Delivered on March 7. I email and called them on the status but no response. It kinda sucks that they don't answer their email and their voice mail is full. How long does it normally take them to get it done?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Shawn should be on here as well. Is Shawn AWOL anyone? He responded to my emails in the past pretty quickly.

samdiep

n00b
He was answering questions on March 4 before I shipped the games to neostore. After a couple weeks, i email if he has an approximation on how long it would take and haven't gotten a response from him. Called too but voice mail is full. Just worried but was wondering if this is normal or is he on vacation.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
who were the games you send for them to authentication if you don't mind me asking?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I thought the authentication was out of stock? Must have got more back in.

samdiep

n00b
I've send in Last Blade, SVC vs Capcom, and Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy. NeoStore site doesn't say it is out of stock and if it is then you should not be allowed to purchase it. Also, his last response should not be to just send it in.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I've send in Last Blade, SVC vs Capcom, and Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy. NeoStore site doesn't say it is out of stock and if it is then you should not be allowed to purchase it. Also, his last response should not be to just send it in.

I think its definately out of stock, but you never know, maybe he found some hidden in the back somewhere :scratch:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I thought the authentication was out of stock? Must have got more back in.

How do we know the new authentication is authentic? I hope it was carefully compared to the original one.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
How do we know the new authentication is authentic? I hope it was carefully compared to the original one.

Pretty sure it is, maybe just ran out of Forensic kits for authentication to make sure its authentic.

samdiep

n00b
Well if it's out of service then he should not tell me to send in the games. If he just ran out after I sent it in then he should communicate with me on that and offer a refund and return the games or wait till he gets more.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I didn't realise ChrisR still trains "official Neo Geo authenticators". Prereq certificate was 'Big Tymer' if I'm not mistaken.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Do they use the Wilhelm Röntgen method, a downscaled borescope or 3D-scanning devices? Asking for a friend...

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I heard he was out of bat blood to fully complete the authentication process so you will probably have to wait for the next full moon cycle .
Contact him after midnight !

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Do they use the Wilhelm Röntgen method, a downscaled borescope or 3D-scanning devices? Asking for a friend...

I'm pretty sure the games are weighed on scales against a duck.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I believe the store is out of stock on PDFs to print the final certificates of authentication. Please be patient, this will be addressed soon.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Typically it works out that if your games are fake they don't even bother letting you know because you're wasting their time with fake crap. They just toss them out, though if you watch the store you may find they have some authentic copies of the games for sale.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm pretty sure the games are weighed on scales against a duck.

That reminds me how I used to tie an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the verification cost a duck indeed, and in those days, give me five ducks for a Slug, you'd say.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
op should have contacted ngf - they do authentication and they make bootlegs to originals only with a handtouch.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Im amazed at the impatience and lack of understanding of the process of authentication on samdieps part. Does he not realise the carts, cases, manuals and inserts are melted down and fed into a mass spectrometer? The results take time... Shawn does NOT fuck around.

Last edited:

antmavel

n00b
damn. waiting is always ok when you have the right communication, at least it would be good to know how long you are expecting to wait.