MVS 2 slot Player 2 Coin always on

drakus

n00b
So I got this 2 slot MVS cabinet and the first thing I did was replace the battery. Everything seems to be fine but when I plugged everything back to the cabinet as soon as the board boot up in coins player 2 and then I can't con in up anymore.
I did a memory reset twice but it did nothing. When I go into test mode I can see that the P2 Coin is always showing 1 so it seems it's stuck in the on position.
I know it's not an issue with the cabinet wiring because when I plug it in to my supergun it does the same thing.
What do you guys think?

drakus

n00b
I have very little knowledge in electronics so if anyone that repairs these boards is up for the task please let me know. I will fedex it and pay for your services.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There's probably just a short somewhere on the line to the coin slot. Check the connection to make sure the coin wire is not touching the ground wire on either end. You may need to replace the wire.

drakus

n00b
The wiring on the cabinet if fine. I have another single board and it works without issues. I know for sure that it's a problem with the board. I did send it over to a guy to have it checked out. I know it's not a big issue but it drives me nuts no being able to coin up from player 2.

I think I may have purchased this board from the OP. It has the same issue and came out of Florida.

I don't mind it so much. I just put the board into Free Play and canceled the countdown timer. It's a little annoying not getting the Neo Geo boot screen, but the board works great otherwise. Someday I'll figure out what's wrong with it, but for now it's a back up board while I work on the one that came with my cab.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Would it be something in the soft or hard dips?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
No, this is not a hard or softdip issue. I suggest putting all hardDIPs on just to jet it run through the memory check to confirm it passes. If the issue still happens then there will be a shory somewhere on the PCB or an incorrectly working IC.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
If a fault on the board, maybe Neo-F0 or something connected to it to feed coin inputs.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most likely a bad resistor pack and hopefully not a failing QFP.

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Check the voltage on NEO-F0 pin 27. If it's always 0V, you probably have a resistor pack or a short around it like it was said.
If there's always 5V and you get a 0V pulse after coin-in, the input is ok, but NEO-F0 might be damaged.

Also check that NEO-F0 pin 7 goes to 68000 CPU pin 4.