Skillzguy's collection

Skillzguy

n00b
I've lurked as a guest long before I purchased my first Neo Geo console in the 3rd quarter of last year as I have always thought about purchasing a Neo Geo system with loving the ports of games I've played on my other systems such as my Sega Mega CD and PlayStation 2, along with loving the music of the game which caused me to purchase multiple soundtracks.

IMG_20180322_235810.jpg

I first came into contact with the Clear NGPC when I was testing it at work, as the previous owner was wanting to sell it to the store.I have always loved portable consoles and fell in love with the clicky control stick and decided to pick it up for my ever growing system collection along with the 3 games which the owner sold with it, Puzzle Bobble, Metal slug 1st missions and Sonic.

After I had completed all 3 of the games I grabbed a list of all the games for the system and started looking for whatever I could find in my local charity shops, retro gaming shops and carboot sales. It would have been around December and my collection had gained copies of Neo Dragonswild, Neo Mystery Bonus, Neo cherry master (non colour/japanese), Neo Derby Champ, King of Fighters R1 &R2.

After Christmas I decided to Start using eBay to locate games as my local area had seemingly been picked completely dry since I got the KOF R1. I wanted to get either a Samurai Spirits/Shodown or a Fatal fury game as the ports I have on the Sega CD are in my top 5 games for that system. I quickly found and picked up Samurai Shodown 2 and Fatal Fury First contact but now wanted to obtain the 1st Samurai Shodown/spirits game.

The only listing on there at the time was the one bundled with the NGP system and strap. I decided I would go for it and watched the listing. During my lunch break between classes the auction was scheduled to end as was only at £20 and I waited until the final 10 second to send my bid of £100 (£50 under the only other listing for the system and game bundle which appeared on eBay 1 day previous) managing to obtain it £20-£30 under my maximum bid.

IMG_20180323_001558.jpg

After this I played through my new games and once completed I'd started to buy a new game 1 by 1 after I beat the previous one as some had started to appear locally and then the rest obtained online. There was few exceptions to this which was that I obtained a 2nd copy of KOF R1 due to my original not having a faded sticker, water damaged insert and no manual. The second exception being when I purchased Card fighters clash where I purchased both the SNK & Capcom ones at the same time and played the SNK one while my brother played the Capcom one.

With my love of soundtracks I have purchased what ones I could find which has only been 2 copies of the SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium sound track One of which remains sealed.

IMG_20180323_001014.jpg

I now have a nice collection of 30 different games, latest purchase was Puyo pop which I have finished and now wait for my copy of Gals Fighter to arrive so I can play that.

IMG_20180322_235738.jpg

I will update this either to reformat my post or once I get either a large quantity of other games or when I get another Neo Geo system.

As I'm new to these forums sorry if I've formatted this wrong and will greatly appreciate any help given.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Some nice stuff. Pocket is what got me started on the Neo too :) Enjoy the games and feel free to hook me up for the other two NGP soundtracks (KoF R-1+R-2 and Card Fighters). I'm pretty sure I can get them for you.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Get on over to the NGPC thread!

-SD-

Camel Slug
Nice collection, you’re getting quite close to having all 39 UK/Euro clamshells; are you intending to go for the full set?

Where abouts are you in sunny Lincolnshire?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Good stuff! It’s always cool to see ngpc collections like this. Great library you have here!

Skillzguy

n00b
Thanks for the comments and the time you guys have spent browsing my collection thread. After obtaining a further 5 games and a few other things related to my NGP/NGPC collection I thought it was time to update this thread.

The first game I obtained for the collection as mentioned in my previous post was Gals Fighters, this took slightly longer to obtain than I thought since last post as the only copy work had in was a cartridge which I personaly don't currently feel happy with for my collection. With eBay listing being stupidly high for a Euro/Clamshell reaching 225-285 when ever I've seen them pop up I decided to ask around my friends and retro game dealers for if they had or could locate a copy for me. In the end I ended up paying £178.50 for this one making it by far the most I've spent when it comes to this collection to date. However I really have enjoyed this game and like with Samurai shodown 2, the Metal Slugs and other games I can see myself going back to this game every now and then for years to come.

ngf2.jpg

Along with the copy of Gals Fighters the seller gave me these pretty nice figures for no extra charge which I'm tempted to open and use to fill out my new NGP/NGPC collection shelf until I need the space for more games, systems or peripherals. More importantly only once my X68000, the games I have for that system and miscilanious books have been moved off of the shelf I plan to place the Pocket collection on.

ngf5.jpg

The other 4 games I obtained via an ebay auction for about £25 after failing to win Dynomite slugger. I am not one for football but I still put a bit of time into Neo cup 98, as I did with Neo Cup 98 plus color. I have enjoyed Neo Poke Pro Yakyū and it gave me my fill of baseball game. The next game I plan to go onto is Densha de go!2 which after playing other games on multiple PlayStation systems and the Densha de D games on Pc I feel I will get a fair bit of enjoyment from.

ngf1.jpg

Im quite happy with my collection so far and with that it has means I will be making future posts on here, I feel I might wait a pay check or two so that I can get either Faselei!, Last Blade or maybe even Cotton as I have played cotton on my friends arcade machine and also on the Playstation 1 and have quite enjoy the game. Like with how I got a 2nd copy of KOF R1 due to my first one havine a water damaged case I will also plan to get another Densha de go!2, and Euro releases of Puzzle link and the Dive Alerts however for now they can wait, unlike my need for some more protective cases.

In other news today I got what has been keeping me entertained this evening and I must say I really do love this book and am pleased I don't have to get the drastically inflated £98 ones on eBay, however along with Euro copies of Dive alerts I do plan on obtaining the other two editions of this book.

ngf4.jpg

Once again thank you for taking your time to view my thread, as for my collection this is its current size:
ngf3.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
In other news today I got what has been keeping me entertained this evening and I must say I really do love this book and am pleased I don't have to get the drastically inflated £98 ones on eBay, however along with Euro copies of Dive alerts I do plan on obtaining the other two editions of this book.
Nice, Neo-Geo book full set.

Skillzguy

n00b
Nice, Neo-Geo book full set.

Thanks, I really enjoyed this book. Even though I've said I'd like 2 other variations of it that is more of a if I ever get cash to throw away scenario.

To be honest I don't see myself doing that for a while, maybe some point in the next 20 years, it is like when I buy a black label release of a game I already have another version of. I usually enjoy the hunt more than the item and it sits as an ornament which is quite sad as I often know someone who would enjoy it. I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.
Don't worry, there are many people here who are on the spectrum. It doesn't take long to figure out who they are, though almost none of them will admit it.