Who fills in Online Surveys?.... for payment?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK... Jan and I signed onto these online surveys that come through via email...

They pay us various amounts... like £0.58 for a 9 minute survey... or something like that..

It doesn't seem much money but it's easy and free... I just do it when I have a bit of time...

xROTx

PS. I lie a lot on the surveys i take.... serves them right :D

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I used to and actually got a decent amount of play money for it, but I can't be bothered to take the time to do them anymore.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I sometimes fill them out to get free magazine subscriptions. We donate the magazines to a friend that delivers meals to the elderly so they have some reading materials.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I fill those things out almost every day. Rot's right, they generally don't pay much, but, over time, if you stick with it, you can get a decent payout. I'd estimate I got about $300 worth of GameStop gift cards (from two different survey sites) that way last year and around $50 for Amazon from a third one. I've also gotten multiple magazine subscriptions like wyo [they offer far more women's mags than men's though, that said, I currently get Sports Illustrated, TIME, New York, People, Money, Fortune, NewsChina (gotta keep tabs on LoneSage's world you know), Smithsonian, Wired, The Red Bulletin, etc. as a result of survey sites]. Needless to say, you'll make far more money working a normal job than filling out online surveys, but, if you've got nothing better to do with your spare time, it's a way to bring in a little extra cash. Some of the sites are better than others (a few will cut you an actual check if you just want money, while others only offer gift cards or stuff like magazine subscriptions).

P.S. to Rot: There's a woman in the UK whose blog I follow who wrote that she's too lazy to do surveys, but, if you use SwagBucks (one of those survey sites) search engine as your default you can periodically get small five pound Amazon vouchers (I presume that's another name for gift cards in the UK?) for doing nothing but your typical everyday searches.

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah I used to fill them out occasionally but it quickly became a waste of time when they gradually decreased the payouts. Just not worth the effort to grind out surveys when it ends up only equating to like $15-$20 an hour if you're lucky.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
I use Google rewards on Android. You learn how to answer
the questions to get the most money

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I did those for a while and it was kind of interesting. Would get selected to do test market stuff. Got sent bags of Fritos to eat and then talk about the changes to the flavors and give my opinion on, been sent shaving razors and other things as well. Kind of cool to get to be in that kind of market research. Also got paid, basically pocket change but I cashed it in for gamestop cards.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Rot's example, given current exchange rates, works out to about half of minimum wage here.

I find a lot of these "money on the side" offers are, in fact, never worth it. Unless you're pathologically unable to hold down any job at all, that is.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I got offers to do in person focus group sessions after buying a car 3 years ago. $200 for half a day but I never bothered.

In the last few months I got emails for car related surveys that if I fill out they would give me a $5 Amazon gift card. These online surveys would progress to in person focus groups ($150 or so) if I fall under a specific category but I was never a fit. Did 2 of those online surveys.

There's a mall not too far away from me that has a survey place inside where if you show up and take a survey you an earn some cash.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Didn't think that many people, especially here for some reason, would be doing this. I always figured there was a catch to it and or it would be a waste of my time, so I have never considered it.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
no!
hardly run into them, and when i do, close page and go elsewhere if it's a wall to progress on the host site.
limit interactions to forums, history isn't to be fogotten, the laws being passed for thought and speech.
born with that foil hat stuck down good.
already a CCTV and info gathering planet as it is without me volunterring useless info that can be used against me...

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Like FAT$TACKS, I've done several of those product tests too. Not only do you get paid, but they often let you keep the merchandise you tested to boot.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Sit down, clear your mind, have a think...How much is my time worth per hour?

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I fill just out the online surveys in order to get free magazines. There was a time I was getting g 5-6 magazines a week in the mail. Most of the mags were full of ads, and a just a quick read, but for completing a quick 5-10 minute survey it was worth it.

I use rewardsurvey.com, what other sites are ok to use to get rewarded for completing a survey?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I fill just out the online surveys in order to get free magazines. There was a time I was getting g 5-6 magazines a week in the mail. Most of the mags were full of ads, and a just a quick read, but for completing a quick 5-10 minute survey it was worth it.

I use rewardsurvey.com, what other sites are ok to use to get rewarded for completing a survey?

I use Crowdology in the UK... they spam my email address...

I fill in the surveys if I fancy it... or when bored...

I don't think about the hourly rate of money as to me I'm there at work anyway...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I use Crowdology in the UK... they spam my email address...

I fill in the surveys if I fancy it... or when bored...

I don't think about the hourly rate of money as to me I'm there at work anyway...

xROTx

Rot, you keep posting this type of shit that screams out for help.

Why? Why are you doing these things to yourself?

And where are the photos of you dressed up as a baby in a diaper and bonnet, sucking down a bottle of warm milk? Post that stuff too while you're at it. Let us witness the full extent of your emasculation.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rot, you keep posting this type of shit that screams out for help.

Why? Why are you doing these things to yourself?

And where are the photos of you dressed up as a baby in a diaper and bonnet, sucking down a bottle of warm milk? Post that stuff too while you're at it. Let us witness the full extent of your emasculation.

Something to do...

I would make some weird political threads.... but that would involve calibrating the idiocy level....

These are harmless...

xROTx

PS. When I feel i wanna discuss something like... the ongoing fallout over facebook... and the fact people are "shocked" that facebook has been farming their data and selling it on...

Or... the ballsy lawyer of the pron actress threatening the blonde haired wonder with a DVD...

I'll do it...

However, I hope they don't release that it in 4K or something... I for one don't wanna see the dimples on Trumps ass....

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I used to do this when I was a student and really, really needed the money. I had to lie about having a job and a salary though. If you selected that you had a really low income and were a student, you would usually get "Sorry, you do not match our selection group.".

Now that I have a salary it just isn't worth the effort. I'd rather do something I really like when I don't work.