computer keyboards, bucking springs, etc.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I just got a UNICOMP model M from lexington KY, practically WALKING distance from my house. its amazing such delicious feeling keyboards are being manufactured right in my backyard, i'm hella proud to be typing on one. *cue patriotic music*

how loud do you guys like your keyboards to be? I prefer mine to roughly equal a busy aircraft carrier in volume. :multi_co:

also does anyone else generally dislike the presence of a WINDOWS key? get that dang logo off my keyboard. i went with one that lacks the key.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I owned a few UniComp's and I did enjoy them but my wife kept bitching about the noise. Sold them off and went back to New school mechanical keyboard with mx blues. MX Blue's have the clicky feedback but not to the point were you are waking up everyone in the house.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I owned a few UniComp's and I did enjoy them but my wife kept bitching about the noise. Sold them off and went back to New school mechanical keyboard with mx blues. MX Blue's have the clicky feedback but not to the point were you are waking up everyone in the house.

good thing this PC is in a room away from where anyone is sleeping. the machining quality on the case seems rubbish but its the finest keyboard i've ever owned. I dont even notice it while i'm using it which i guess is a very good thing.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
good thing this PC is in a room away from where anyone is sleeping. the machining quality on the case seems rubbish but its the finest keyboard i've ever owned. I dont even notice it while i'm using it which i guess is a very good thing.

Yea, I'm two rooms away and my wife would still hear the noise but she does have sensitive hearing. I also don't have carpeting in my house, just hard wood and tile so the sound echoes. I'm kind of use to loud sounds but she's not. I sleep with a fan next to me every night because the sound helps me fall asleep.

I thought the quality was good compared to the IBM Model M Joints but the cases are not perfect, mine came with a few blemishes, no big deal. I just think it's cool that Uni-Comp is making these. No Need to hunt down a original Model M.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Yea, I'm two rooms away and my wife would still hear the noise but she does have sensitive hearing. I also don't have carpeting in my house, just hard wood and tile so the sound echoes. I'm kind of use to loud sounds but she's not. I sleep with a fan next to me every night because the sound helps me fall asleep.

I thought the quality was good compared to the IBM Model M Joints but the cases are not perfect, mine came with a few blemishes, no big deal. I just think it's cool that Uni-Comp is making these. No Need to hunt down a original Model M.

ok well the unicomp isnt THAT bad but the plastic does have some give to it in places, and the keys look rough around the edges where they cut the plastic, overall just a OCD attention to detail kinda thing on my part lol. the keyboard becomes invisible during use because it just works and i dont have to pay attention to it. I'm not a fan of showy RGB LED keyboards and stuff that people have nowadays. gimmie a straight black and grey keyboard.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
ok well the unicomp isnt THAT bad but the plastic does have some give to it in places, and the keys look rough around the edges where they cut the plastic, overall just a OCD attention to detail kinda thing on my part lol. the keyboard becomes invisible during use because it just works and i dont have to pay attention to it. I'm not a fan of showy RGB LED keyboards and stuff that people have nowadays. gimmie a straight black and grey keyboard.

Yea, I guess to each his own. I could live without backlit keys but I do like extra multimedia stuff. I have a Corsair Keyboard that has a volume roller and It's just second nature for me to raise or lower the volume with the roller. If you want a simple new keyboard with nice keys, Das is a good option as well.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Yea, I guess to each his own. I could live without backlit keys but I do like extra multimedia stuff. I have a Corsair Keyboard that has a volume roller and It's just second nature for me to raise or lower the volume with the roller. If you want a simple new keyboard with nice keys, Das is a good option as well.

yeah man some years back i looked into the Das keyboard, and i liked the idea of having black keys too.... the only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger on that one was the price... the unicomp is damn brilliant in that regard. straight up killer switches no bells n whistles.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

keep the board, ditch the wife.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
@ op.
reassign the windos key in your os's key macros.
yeah, haven't really thought about jt.
living on my own means i'm the only source for annoying audio.
prefer the old chunky keyboards AT-ps/2, not those thin scaled back shit.
flimsy and break too easy.
touchscreens that allow a custom overlay. (sci-fi style inputs, with entry, execute and error sounds.)
had considered getting a backlit keyboard (not for gaming, pads and sticks are for that) just not comfortable shelling out the high prices.
if i had to sit in a FIGHT CLUB veal fattening pen having to put up with all that tapping and clicking, i'd defer to tyler's resolve. :D
so, on my own, not an issue.
breathing the same air as pretentious office workers and hearing them isn't on my resume.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Am I the only one here who has used microsoft keyboards their entire life with only now 'upgrading' to a slightly more expensive logitech k120? :lolz:

Bloody mechanical this and cherry that, you want how much for a fuckin keyboard!? get out of here.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
keep the board, ditch the wife.

he'll just have to bang his wife louder than he bangs his unicomp

100 dollars is worth it for a basic high quality buckling spring keyboard, IMO. if you're gonna be typing stuff on the internet every day it might as well be with a comfortable device

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
th

o7

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I use a Ducky board with brown mechanical switches. Good build quality, good feedback, good balance between typing and gaming, and it's backlit. No complaints at all.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I've never owned a serious keyboard, and probably never will. I guess I just never even consider it because of the price. The idea is intriguing, though.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I've never owned a serious keyboard, and probably never will. I guess I just never even consider it because of the price. The idea is intriguing, though.
having a proper keyboard is life changing. Most of us use the internet every day, multiple times a day.