Whatcha do when you're bored at work?...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I mean... it happens to us all I suppose...

... even Chat and the forums sometimes gets samey samey...

So... recently, I've been browsing eBay auctions... that end soon and without any bids...

I place the minimum bid on and see if I manage to win it :D

It's amazing what you can get for 99p plus a few pounds postage :)

xROTx

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I like to play with my knackers when no one is looking. But getting stuff for cheap also works.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
It's amazing what you can get for 99p plus a few pounds postage :)

xROTx

Nice idea - Can you post some examples of what you've picked up? Gaming related, or just tat?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Good to get him started early on the Marvel stuff. Get him ready for the MvC stuff when he's a bit bigger boy. ;-)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i always wished that i had a job where i was able to get bored. all my life i had jobs that barely gave me the time to sit for five minutes to eat something.

i knew a guy who worked as a guard in the docks. all he did was sit in a unit and let people in through the gate. he had a laptop in there where he could watch movies all day, could speak on his phone when ever he wanted and had a nintendo ds, and some how he hated his job and said it was boring. if i had that job, i would never quit.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Draw and or listen to podcasts/music when I had my own office and tell a subordinate to clean the shitter and empty the trash, run errands etc.. Last job clean everything and empty the trash since no one else did. Full circle c'est la vie.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Go get coffee, fart around on the internet, pull the JXD gaming tablet out of the drawer, or chat with co-workers. Usually, if I'm bored at work it's because I'm waiting for one of the instruments to finish doing something, or something.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I used to do the exact same thing on ebay, but i would browse by generic catagories or keywords.
"Sega"; sort by ending soon.

You do get some interesting things on occasion. I snagged some Sega employee awards, statues, and a light thingy.
I stopped looking because, yeah, that's how you end up with useless junk.

Edit: Oh, and the falling sand game. still a classic time waster.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I browse imgur when I'm bored with work.

Also, if what I'm doing isn't super involved, I'll have a podcast on - usually Hollywood Babble-On or How Did This Get Made, which helps me keep working as opposed to sneaking a nap.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
When I'm bored I look for productive things to do like online shopping and retirement prep. Ordering groceries online and having them delivered FTW.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't have a desk job so getting bored isn't really something I come across too often. That said I can have some down time in between tasks but I spend that reading the news mostly.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
i always wished that i had a job where i was able to get bored. all my life i had jobs that barely gave me the time to sit for five minutes to eat something.

i knew a guy who worked as a guard in the docks. all he did was sit in a unit and let people in through the gate. he had a laptop in there where he could watch movies all day, could speak on his phone when ever he wanted and had a nintendo ds, and some how he hated his job and said it was boring. if i had that job, i would never quit.

My job is kinda like this. Super easy but super not rewarding which means a lot. But I know I won’t do this job forever so I just enjoy it while I’m here.

I pretty much do the usual- surf the net, read, clean, etc. I can’t get much into playing games at work though for some reason