Interest check for Knight's Chance reprint

Would you buy a reprint of Knight's Chance?

• Total voters

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I play mine. Enjoy it more than I thought I would.

Yep, unique game for the Neo. Feel sorry for people who were around when it was released and decided to not purchase it.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yes, I’d definitely be up for paying for a ROM that was locked to my NeoSD cart.

Not an option in the poll, but this might be the easiest one to pull off, with no capital risk to JMKurtz. Bonus: also addresses collectard concerns.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Not an option in the poll, but this might be the easiest one to pull off, with no capital risk to JMKurtz. Bonus: also addresses collectard concerns.

Yeah, wouldnt mind paying for a rom to throw on neosd as long as its priced reasonably.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I still want my damn playing cards though... :keke:

Seriously though, if Jeff were to do this it could pave the way for future homebrew to be released on NeoSD as affordable ROM files. Someone’s gotta take the plunge first and prove that it can be a successful way to distribute Neo games.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
any news ?
Are we somewhat close to a number that would make it happens ?

I know a handful of dudes that would also be interested, they dont come here so they prolly didn't vote.

As far as i'm concerned i'd prefer an aes release.
I would get a neosd rom if priced accordingly, but wouldn't play it much on the long run… I need an object on my shelf to play a game on neogeo: habits are hard to die. Maybe neosd rom + the deck of cards would work too…

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well, if you want it to be reprinted at the same price, you'd have to sell 100 pcs minimum. Anything less and the price would be higher of course.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have 2x AES copies of Knight's Chance on hand now. These are available on a first come basis. Both carts are in absolute mint condition and can be repackaged as Japanese if desired (currently both English). The seller is asking 750 each + shipping.

Contact me at jkurtz01@gmail.com if you're interested or would like to make an offer (no trades though).

EDIT: Only 1 copy remaining.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

c0op3r

n00b
In fact, I'd be very much down for a digitally watermarked – or even DRM'd, perish the thought! – version that worked with the NeoSD as well.

I too would gladly pay for a ROM image.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I dont think there should be a second print. I do think there should be other ways to play it. Mobile port, xbla/psn online services. I think the people who have it should get to cherish it and get to have a super rare piece of history but, i'd love for others to get to play it. I've got 2 packs of cards though still.

No cd love ?

When it was originally announced he had no interest in a cd version and i'm pretty sure thats still the case. Even though the cost of production for 100 copies on cd could be bank rolled for less than the cost of maybe 4 AES.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The problem with digital format is that it leads to bootlegs. There are security features on the cart to prevent piracy, releasing a digital format would forfeit that protection.