neo geo keeps crashing

Mondro510

n00b
hi i purchased a neo geo mvd coin op 4 slot arcade and im playing the 161 cart and it plays for like 10 seconds and keeps crashing why?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Your going to have to post alot more information than that if you want help. It can be anything from poor psu, faulty cart, faulty MVS, poor cart contacts etc. I would suggest trying some original games first to confirm they work ok.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
hi i purchased a neo geo mvd coin op 4 slot arcade and im playing the 161 cart and it plays for like 10 seconds and keeps crashing why?

Based on your description, it sounds like you need to send your system to jamma nation x.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

Are you using winter tyres?

Mondro510

n00b
Your going to have to post alot more information than that if you want help. It can be anything from poor psu, faulty cart, faulty MVS, poor cart contacts etc. I would suggest trying some original games first to confirm they work ok.

it play for a a few minutes then the screen turns green like loading the game again then thats it

Mondro510

n00b
and i don't even think the fan is blowing from the power supply i haven't seen it turn on yet

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It seems clear you don't have much knowledge (neogeo does not load games) but from what you have said, replacing the psu might be a good start.

and i don't even think the fan is blowing from the power supply i haven't seen it turn on yet

1. Does this happen with real games as well? Or only when using the multicart?
2. The fan not turning may not be too big of a deal yet. My old PSU had a seized fan, but worked file. I replaced it anyway though to be on the safe side.
3. Have you measured the the output of your PSU with a multi-meter yet?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The 161 was designed for single slot boards with stock bios. Put it in slot 1 with no other carts installed and try it again. If that's what you did previously, is it a confirmed working 161? There are tons of people that bought them new and were broken when it arrived.