The white "Cleansing" of the State Dept

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rump-officials-of-seeking-to-purge-state-dept
Two top House Democrats allege that high-level political appointees in the State Department and senior White House officials have worked with conservative activists to purge from the agency career officials deemed insufficiently loyal to President Trump.

A letter sent Thursday to White House chief of staff John Kelly and Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan alleges that political appointees at the State Department have characterized career officials in "derogatory terms."

Among the descriptors used for certain career officials were "a leaker and a troublemaker" and a "turncoat," the letter from Reps. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) and Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) reads, citing documents obtained from a whistleblower.

Those documents also contain communications with high-profile conservative activists, including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) and David Wurmser, a former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney.

In one email forwarded by Gingrich to Trump-appointed officials at the State Department, Wurmser wrote that "a cleaning is in order here," apparently referring to removing career employees believed to be disloyal to Trump.

"I hear [Secretary of State Rex] Tillerson actually has been reasonably good on stuff like this and cleaning house, but there are so many that it boggles the mind," Wurmser wrote.

The allegations highlight what critics have said is Trump and his aides' intense concern about loyalty within the government, particularly in the State Department. The president and his allies have in the past suggested the existence of a "deep state" bent on undermining his agenda.

The State Department has seen a particularly significant exodus of career officials since Trump took office last year. While some of those departures were attributed to planned retirements, others have reportedly left amid dwindling morale.

The letter from Cummings and Engel points to one case, in particular — that of Sahar Nowrouzzadeh.

Nowrouzzadeh, an Iran expert and civil servant, raised concerns to her boss, Brian Hook, the State Department's director of policy planning, last year after she was targeted by an article in a conservative news outlet.

"I am and have been a career civil servant for nearly 12 years now," she wrote in an email to Hook, noting that she began her government career under the Bush administration. "I’ve adapted my work to the policy priorities of every administration I’ve worked for."

In the email, she asked Hook for advice on how to "correct the record."

But Hook, according to the lawmakers' letter, instead forwarded Nowrouzzadeh's email to White House officials, and it later served as the basis for an internal discussion about her loyalty to the Trump administration that touched on her work on the Iran nuclear deal.

One email from Julia Haller, a White House liaison to the State Department at the time, falsely claimed that Nowrouzzadeh was born in Iran and alleges that she "cried when the President won" the 2016 election.

Nowrouzzadeh was eventually removed from her detail on the State Department's policy planning staff three months early, Cummings and Engel said.

The letter requests a trove of documents and communications about the actual or proposed reassignments of career employees at the State Department related to "alleged personal political beliefs, prior service with previous Administrations, or work on prior Administrations' foreign policy priorities."

The lawmakers have asked for those materials to be turned over by March 29.

Heather Nauert, the acting undersecretary of State for public diplomacy, said on Thursday that the State Department would comply with the lawmakers’ requests, but noted that she had never witnessed any kind of disloyalty on the part of career officials at the agency.

“I have found my colleagues to be extremely professional,” Nauert said at a department press briefing. “Those on staff who have been here for many years, I have found them almost blind to politics.”

It's interesting to me that Julia Haller was involved in the decision to downgrade Nowrouzzadeh. Correct me if I am wrong, but there's a connection between Haller and Sebastian Gorka.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/juli-haller-548b265/ Language: Hungarian
http://www.becounsel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/juli-haller.pdf language: Hungarian

Sebastian Gorka:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Gorka

Gorka was a fake academic who caught the tail of Breitbart with his anti-semitism and Islamophobia. Juli Haller is probably in the same circles as Gorka. This isn't a strike against Hungary, that both these losers speak Hungarian. It should be noted that Hungary refused to grant Gorka security clearance because of his fringe connections. As Americans, we should have never let this guy, or his cronies, anywhere near the white house.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Is Gorka even a citizen? Either way, he's a collosal dipshit and proud son of a Nazi who needs to be deported via sealed shipping container.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rump-officials-of-seeking-to-purge-state-dept

It's interesting to me that Julia Haller was involved in the decision to downgrade Nowrouzzadeh. Correct me if I am wrong, but there's a connection between Haller and Sebastian Gorka.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/juli-haller-548b265/ Language: Hungarian
http://www.becounsel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/juli-haller.pdf language: Hungarian

Sebastian Gorka:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Gorka

Gorka was a fake academic who caught the tail of Breitbart with his anti-semitism and Islamophobia. Juli Haller is probably in the same circles as Gorka. This isn't a strike against Hungary, that both these losers speak Hungarian. It should be noted that Hungary refused to grant Gorka security clearance because of his fringe connections. As Americans, we should have never let this guy, or his cronies, anywhere near the white house.

no, go ahead and strike against Hungary, I am pretty fucking Hungarian and even I'll strike against their current state of affairs. They are in the midst of some crazy ultra rightwing nationalist nonsense. Orban is a very dangerous man who is in Putin's pocket. I mean....remember Darkandy?

Gorka is such a pathetic loser. Massive inferiority complex with nothing to show for it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Especially in Germany, EU's self-styled crown jewel. We could use us some Gyurcsány tapes, too.

How did the Gyurcsany tapes help anyone? The reaction screamed of KGB useful-idiotisms. And the result is that there's a pipeline through Hungary that delivers the gas to a decrepit continent too impotent to stand up to a tyrant who can execute people outside of his territory, with impunity.

Germany should grab FIFA by the nuts, along with England and France, and suspend this years World Cup. Oh the horror to millions of idiots around the world and especially in Russia. But the result will be anger by those who feel cheated, and they will look for the nearest authority figure to burn at the stake. That will be Vladimir, patron saint of the ignorant.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
How did the Gyurcsany tapes help anyone?

There's no easy answer to that, even though I understand you meant it on a pure rhetorical level. If you follow the perspective of believing in one side, then those tapes only replaced one pawn by another. As you know, I come from a country that choked on both pathological isms, dictated by fascist and communists respectively, thus I lost faith in sides long ago.

Once you drop that faith, you start to follow a bland pragmatic perspective, where any information exposing politics behind the scenes is worth it, weather it comes from the FSB or the CIA. Whatever side they're officially not on this year, they just make sure, that the other side keeps on fighting. Hence I'm not a great believer, and yeah, other Gyurcsanys will launder Moscows policies tomorrow. All of them obviously can't be dealt any other way than one at a time and as far as I'm concerned, those tapes got one.

Germany should grab FIFA by the nuts, along with England and France, and suspend this years World Cup.

We should grab FIFA by the nuts, sure, but there's money to be made. It's one of those unbreakable marriages, see Schröder and Gazprom, sometimes even a ménage à trois, like Erdogan, German weapons & Afrin. I agree, there might not be a tomorrow, but there will be a prosperous World Cup in Russia.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There's no easy answer to that, even though I understand you meant it on a pure rhetorical level. If you follow the perspective of believing in one side, then those tapes only replaced one pawn by another. As you know, I come from a country that choked on both pathological isms, dictated by fascist and communists respectively, thus I lost faith in sides long ago.

Once you drop that faith, you start to follow a bland pragmatic perspective, where any information exposing politics behind the scenes is worth it, weather it comes from the FSB or the CIA. Whatever side they're officially not on this year, they just make sure, that the other side keeps on fighting. Hence I'm not a great believer, and yeah, other Gyurcsanys will launder Moscows policies tomorrow. All of them obviously can't be dealt any other way than one at a time and as far as I'm concerned, those tapes got one.

The problem with these contrived political upheavals is that they are often a third party consolidation of power. Getting rid of Gyurcsany was a power grab for Russia more than anyone else. Orban knows who owns him, as much as Viktor Yanukovich did. The difference here is whether the Hungarians will view their foreign lord as favorably as the peasant farmboys in the Russian countryside do, who will argue that their position as food exporters has improved because of Putin. Beyond being the phone line between Putin and the rest of the world, not sure how much Putin would want to give for them.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Orban knows who owns him, as much as Viktor Yanukovich did. The difference here is whether the Hungarians will view their foreign lord as favorably as the peasant farmboys in the Russian countryside do, who will argue that their position as food exporters has improved because of Putin.

That's a very adequate comparison. There are some other differing factors though, which favor Hungary. It is, unlike Ukraine, geographically further away from Russia and six times smaller. Their membership in the EU and NATO gives them farther possibilities to play a more ambiguous political game, then it would be possible for a bland satellite.