ArcadeWorks Omega with no sound

eebuckeye

n00b
The sound is not working on my Omega. I have not used it for a long time but when I plugged it in it is silent. I tried the composite and component cable with the same result. I did notice that if I slightly move the composite cable when plugged in I hear a static noise in the speaker. :confused:

Is there anything I can check by opening? I am out of warranty so I would have to send it back for repair anyways. I hope Arcade Works is great with repair.

Thanks

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
There aren't any many serviceable parts in the system because it's based on the MV-1C. Even though you're out of warranty, I still do most repairs free of charge. From what I remember in our email conversations, you had a really old order number and I changed part of the assembly process in regards to the a/v port sometime after the initial launch. Just continue with the email tech support. We're just going through some of the basic questions before you need to send it back for further inspection.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Try clearing the backup ram, cleaning the game and a different game first. Lack of sound is a very common problem when the game isn't making a good connection.