Toys R Us to close all 800 of its U.S. stores

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
We were too poor to buy toys...I remember i get hype w/ the I dont want to grow up song, so my dad would drive me to Toys r us and window shop and play with the toys on display.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wasabi told me to be more human, was it wrong of me as a kid to care about lameass toys when video games existed? What do kids do with toys? I'm the kind of kid who went to Disneyworld and wasn't retarded and thought the people dressed up as characters weren't real.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Try and figure this one out...

I played with Ninja Turtles throughout high school YET I was also the Homecoming King of my senior class.

And no, this was not a “special school” for “tards”.

I am an enigma.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
There will always be plenty of people with more money than sense.

Nah...they got to liquidate all of their assets, fire all of their employees, probably default on any retirement plans, outstanding debt, you know....lot's of ruined careers. It's all clean as a whistle now, ready to reopen with no baggage.

I hate to say it, but this was probably the plan all along.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That's what stepladders are for.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Toys 'R' Us Workers Win $2 Million Settlement on Severance

Kirkland & Ellis LLP, which represented Toys “R” Us in the bankruptcy, was awarded $56 million in fees

Seems fair...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Toys 'R' Us Workers Win $2 Million Settlement on Severance

Kirkland & Ellis LLP, which represented Toys “R” Us in the bankruptcy, was awarded $56 million in fees

Seems fair...

The US court system is set up for only one winner...and it aint' us.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Nah...they got to liquidate all of their assets, fire all of their employees, probably default on any retirement plans, outstanding debt, you know....lot's of ruined careers. It's all clean as a whistle now, ready to reopen with no baggage.

I hate to say it, but this was probably the plan all along.

After I saw how Hostess rose from the dead, I realized that companies like this that are American institutions have too much brand recognition to simply die off. They hibernate to shed themselves of all the old labor restrictions and come back under a ton of provisos to give them a leg up.

I fully expect Sears, Marshall Field's and all the other dead chains which have become all but apocryphal in Americana to make a comeback. Nostalgia is a powerful force.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Sears and Marshall Fields won't return unless there is a dynamic shift from online retail or they find a way to hybridize themselves.

TRU actually fulfills a needed slot in the retail space. The toy sections in Wal-Mart & Target don't compare. For those without young children, I understand them not having a need for it. I know that I miss the hell out of it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm glad they're still around up here; I find myself at TrU every other weekend. The Lego sales alone are amazing, but they run events (tournaments, workshops, etc) a couple of times a month as well so the place is always packed on the weekends.