NeoGeo ROM Preservation Society thread.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Here it is:
ms3.png

I would have to make or get PC2Neo. I have a MV-1C with controller ports wired to the jamma edge. It has the 5v and extra D button wire connected.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Here it is:
View attachment 49298

I would have to make or get PC2Neo. I have a MV-1C with controller ports wired to the jamma edge. It has the 5v and extra D button wire connected.

Are you 100% sure SLOT2 was the slot with Metal Slug 3 in when you took the picture? Something about this data does not look like what I was expecting.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member

I was just going to ask you for another picture from a different region but I see you already posted one (above). This picture makes it look like a cross dump with decrypted version. Can you post a picture of the entire screen after a game cart crc check?

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Is it normal for the memory viewer to say slot 2 on an MV-1C? My system is weird.

ms3-3.png

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Great thanks, If its not to much trouble can I ask for 3 final pictures.

memory viewer from 0x0FFFA0
memory viewer from 0x000140
memory viewer from 0x002900

Thanks, Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Many thanks, This is defo a new build of the game, like the decrypted version but compiled to use the SMA banking. If defo needs dumping.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
All right. Well, let me work on putting together a PC-2-NEO. I have a PC with a parallel port. I don't think this version is super rare, but I want to help out.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
All right. Well, let me work on putting together a PC-2-NEO. I have a PC with a parallel port. I don't think this version is super rare, but I want to help out.

I am not 100% sure thinking about it if pc2neo will work on MV1C unless you have also wired up the output pins on the joystick port.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
If I remember correctly its pins 2,9 and 10 on the joystick port. I have not seen a MV-1C recently but if I remember correctly there is a white connector on the right side of the PCB with 8 lines. 3 of those 8 are the outputs for 2UP, I have no idea which ones they areor how they route, they may also need reversing.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
haha That's crazy. Thanks. I pulled that connector off my board. But I could still wire there if I knew what I was wiring to.

Too bad I don't have another system to use anymore at the moment. As I said, if there's someone to help who I can send them out to, that's no problem.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
What MS3 needs is a two step approach. Firstly somone to read the SMA (with PC2NEO). Then somone who can safely remove and read the following devices (pictured below). I don't think the NGPC dumper will do it either so they will need to be removed from the PCB first.

I guess this is unless you can see your Metal Slug 3 does not have this daughter board attached?

ms3-ngpc2.jpg

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
My cart does have the daughterboard.

That's beyond my skill set indeed. No wonder this hasn't been dumped. But I'm willing to go along with whatever it takes.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Slowly working my way through my collection. My Pochi & Nyaa is coming up as NG. Its a JP cart and is the one I used to make the mvs-scans scan.

IMG_0094.jpg

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Pochi_%26_Nyaa

I have a 2 slot cmvs and checked the cart's crc multiple times in each slot, all came up the same as the pic.

-ack

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Slowly working my way through my collection. My Pochi & Nyaa is coming up as NG. Its a JP cart and is the one I used to make the mvs-scans scan.

View attachment 49307

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Pochi_%26_Nyaa

I have a 2 slot cmvs and checked the cart's crc multiple times in each slot, all came up the same as the pic.

-ack

Looks like this might be another one that needs dumping. Can you go into testmode and then the crosshatch, memory viewer. Get to address 0x01C240 and take photo?

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Looks like this might be another one that needs dumping. Can you go into testmode and then the crosshatch, memory viewer. Get to address 0x01C240 and take photo?

IMG_0095.jpg

-ack

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks ack, you have just confirmed another to be done. Just added it to the list. The version in MAME is 2.00, yours seems to be 2.02.

Last edited:

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok.....

For kof 2002, can you run the crc check a few times and confoirm that last crc32 is alwas yhe same.

For kotm2, this is already dumped and crc will pass in next unibios.

For garou can you post a screenshot from address 0x007530 and 0x0D2160

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The garou set first reported has now been preserved, acks garou is still unknown.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Calling AES owners.... Can you please check your AES World Heroes 2 carts, looking for confirmation of a new expected CRC. Simply check yours in the unibios check and report if it fails.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
To help the cause, I can use my PC2NEO to read P data if carts are sent to me, and of course I can also do physical dumps if the game calls for it.

You guys can reach me at jkurtz01@gmail.com.

Jeff