NeoGeo ROM Preservation Society thread.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks, here is edited version :)

Here is a thread listing NeoGeo game revisions that are known to exist but are not currently preserved (dumped). The aim of this thread is to get these games saved and also a place to keep a list of known unpumped game revisions.

I will keep this list updated when I can. If you have any of these carts and they verify to be the ones being looked for (using unibios crc32 check), please consider allowing them to be dumped.

Likewise, if you have a cart that fails the unibios crc32 check notlisted here and you know it is not a bootleg, please post information in this thread with pictures etc.

This list does not include rare unreleased prototypes (like Warriours of Fate).

Known to exist and need preserving
Code:
World Heroes       - 0xCE096709
Power Spikes 2     - 0x8FACDE4C

Possibilties
Code:
Pulster (MVS)      - 0x40BD5336 (could be bad ROM)
Puzzle Bobble      - 0x3B213B8C6 (error in this crc but it will be simular)
World Heroes       - 0x21D18382 (supergun)

Current unknowns
Code:
Baseball Stars Pro - 0xF5DC2670 (proto? rcantor77)
Cyberlip           - 0x5888C24D (proto? rcantor77)
League Bowling     - 0x44F9FE94 (proto? rcantor77)
Magician Lord      - 0xE5B2F5EC (proto? rcantor77)
Ninja Combat       - 0x25846B3A (proto? rcantor77)
Riding Hero        - 0x8EF788AA (proto? rcantor77)
Super Spy          - 0xC7F944B5 (proto? rcantor77)
V-Liner            - 0x46A2544C (supergun)

Found and preserved since this thread started
Code:
Garou (AES)        - 0x2E849FE2 (credit rockstarrunner)
Pochi and Nyaa     - 0xBF34E71C (credit supergun / ack )
V-Liner (v0.7A)    - 0x052F93ED (credit ack)
Sengoku 3          - 0x29140227 (credit ack)
World Herors 2     - 0x96876F55 (credit anonymous)
Japan 6SLOT bios   - 0xFBC6D469 (credit ack)
USA 6SLOT bios     - 0x2025B7A2 (credit ack)
V-Liner (v0.7E)    - 0x49A94DB5 (credit wyo, ack)
V-Liner (v0.53)    - 0xE263DCE8 (credit wyo, ack)
Metal Slug 3 (MVS) - 0x9763419E (credit wingzrow, ack)
USA 4SLOT bios     - 0x1179a30F (credit ack)

Last edited 18th September 2018

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Here is a thread listing NeoGeo game revisions that are known to exist but are not currently preserved (dumped). The aim of this thread is to get these games saved and also a place to keep a list of known unpumped game revisions.

This list does not include rare prototypes.

Code:
Known to exist...

Garou (AES)        - 0x2E849FE2
World Heroes       - 0xCE096709
Metal Slug 3 (AES) - SMA & daughter board with flash devices (not a bootleg)
Power Spikes 2     - 0x8FACDE4C
Sengoku 3          - 0x29140227 (P ROM named 261-pg1, set 1 on mvs-scans.com)

Possibilties...

Pulster (MVS)      - 0x40BD5336 (could be bad ROM)
Puzzle Bobble      - 0x3B213B8C6 (error in this crc but it will be simular)

I will keep this list updated when I can. If you have any of these carts and they verify to be the ones being looked for (using unibios crc32 check), please consider allowing them to be dumped.

Likewise, if you have a cart that fails the unibios crc32 check and you know it is not a bootleg, please post information about it here.

I got metal slug 3 for sure.

What do you exactly need ? jsut P roms ?

Alex,

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I got metal slug 3 for sure.

What do you exactly need ? jsut P roms ?

Alex,

Yes, but you need to make sure it fails the unibios check first.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The ROM region crc32 of that Metal Slug 3 cart that needs dumping is 0x9763419E.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I am working on getting Sengoku 3 dumped and will check my MS3 with daughterboard. Does PC2NEO work for everything, including encrypted games? Might be useful to explain how it works here for those that don't know this feature of Unibios enables users to dump ROMs directly from that cart.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yea PC2NEO can dump P ROMs. For Sengoku3, once you got it hooked up its just a case of dumping 2 regions 0x000000 to 0x0FFFFF will get p1 region and 0x200000 to 0x2FFFFF for the banked region (p2). Both these joined (P2+P1) will make the entire P1 ROM for that game.

The Metal Slug 3 is a little harder because of the protection so the flashes on that really need dumping regardless. That said however a dump of 0x000000 to 0x0FFFFF from the Metal Slug 3 in question with PC2NEO would be really helpfull if thats all you can get as it could help understand any encryption on the flashes.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
So awhile ago we were talking about a KOF99 I had which didnt pass the CRC checks in Unibios.

I ended up dumping the P Roms and after getting good dumps I verified they matched what was already in MAME. So where we left off, was thinking it was most likely a bad SMA, but we would need to use the PC2NEO in order to dump the SMA data and see.

Do you think that is still something worth investigating or do you think its just a bad cart?

Gu3CJ7Ll.jpg

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I've got Still got the Metal Slug 3 Revision with the Neo Geo Pocket daughter board that fails the unibios check. I thought someone had it dumped already.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Can you let me know which set in MAME your dump matched?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I've got Still got the Metal Slug 3 Revision with the Neo Geo Pocket daughter board that fails the unibios check. I thought someone had it dumped already.

That did not work out and I have to be honest, I totally forgot that you had the board. I guess we need to find a way of getting that dumped. Just to confirm, its an MVS cart yes?

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
That did not work out and I have to be honest, I totally forgot that you had the board. I guess we need to find a way of getting that dumped. Just to confirm, its an MVS cart yes?
Yes it's an MVS cart. I ordered it from a Mexican seller when I was tracking down all the MVS metal slug titles for my Consolized MVS. Even with the advent of the flash cart I would still need it returned to me after being dumped. It's my personal copy of Metal Slug 3 & I Absolutely love those games. If you have an address I can send it off to for dumping I can get it out the door immediately. Just give me a time frame so I have a general idea of when I'll get it back. I'd be interested to know what the differences are in this revision, if any.

01 mvs.jpg14jvipi.jpg

Last edited:

Ir0n

n00b
Any clue what that daughter board does? Never seen anything like that..

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Is that a Neo Geo Pocket game pcb soldered to that board?

*Edit* read that thread. Thanks for posting madman. That's odd.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I want to say it was the kof99.zip, but I cant remember.

I have tried messing around with ROMsets to get matching CRC32 but it just does not happen. I also feel that probably it was not kof99.zip they matched. Can you post a picture of the part side of the prog board. Are you able to build and use a parallel port version of PC-2-NEO (you will need old pc with parallel port)? Does the game function correctly also?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes it's an MVS cart. I ordered it from a Mexican seller when I was tracking down all the MVS metal slug titles for my Consolized MVS. Even with the advent of the flash cart I would still need it returned to me after being dumped. It's my personal copy of Metal Slug 3 & I Absolutely love those games. If you have an address I can send it off to for dumping I can get it out the door immediately. Just give me a time frame so I have a general idea of when I'll get it back. I'd be interested to know what the differences are in this revision, if any.

I'm going to ask around now to see if we can sort this one out.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I have the

Code:
Sengoku 3          - 0x29140227 (P ROM named 261-pg1, set 1 on mvs-scans.com)

I don't have the ability to dump it but I'm fine sending it to someone who can.

-ack

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hopefully an arrangeement has been sorted for someone else to get this one dumped but if it falls through I'll let you know.

Raz

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Just out of curiosity, is it worth it for me, or anyone else for that matter, to go through the CRC check on original cartridges, just in case? All my MVS originals work fine, so I never bothered, but I guess a failed check could either reveal a problem with the cartridge, or another revision of the ROM. In other words, how do we know the games listed in the first post are the only ones to have undumped revisions?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Just out of curiosity, is it worth it for me, or anyone else for that matter, to go through the CRC check on original cartridges, just in case? All my MVS originals work fine, so I never bothered, but I guess a failed check could either reveal a problem with the cartridge, or another revision of the ROM. In other words, how do we know the games listed in the first post are the only ones to have undumped revisions?

Yes, I would ask anyone with origional cart to test them all against the CRC values above and also report any origional cart that fails the unibios game cart check.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Yes, I would ask anyone with origional cart to test them all against the CRC values above and also report any origional cart that fails the unibios game cart check.

OK. I'll be moving within the next two months, which will allow me to dig up the carts I couldn't be bothered to dig up otherwise. This goes to show what a convenience a flash cartridge is. I'll run the checks after moving the arcade stuff to my new place and I'll report back if anything should fail the CRC test.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I checked all mine. I have the Metal Slug 3 and Sengoku 3 carts you're looking for.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I checked all mine. I have the Metal Slug 3 and Sengoku 3 carts you're looking for.

Can you please do something for me with the Metal slug 3 cart? As follows with UniBios;

Start the game and then go into testmode. Then goto the crosshatch test and press D (memory viewer). Then use 1up joystick with A, B and C to speed scroll so address 0x0FFFC0 is the first address showing in the memory viewer. Take a picture (so all the data in the screen is visable and post it here. This might will help in identifying if the SMA revision is different than whats already dumped.

Do you have PC2NEO by any chance?

Raz